Valued Contributor

Re: Hasn't Tina Turner aged well?

@CinNC wrote:

I have a friend who donated a kidney to her husband years ago - he has an inherited kidney disease.  Now, 10+ years later, he needs another. There seems to be less of an issue w/matching kidney donors than other organs. 

It's not that easy for those waiting to find a match.  My cousin had a hard time finding a match because of her blood type.  There are simply more people who need organs than are available.

Super Contributor

Moral of the story:  don't blow off your nephrologist's treatment in lieu of quackery . . . errr . . . homeopathy.

In this case she paid an exorbitant price:  her kidney function.

Honored Contributor

Hypertension is not something that can always be easily prevented or treated...many times it is an inherited condition.
Honored Contributor

Her husband said he didn't want another wife and he didn't want another life...so he is giving her a kidney. How sweet and loving and devoted is that?!
Esteemed Contributor

I saw Tina in concert in the 80's...a one woman show. No warm up acts, just pure Tina. There she came out on the stage, wild hair, her short shirt revealing those fabulous legs, singing her heart out the whole show in those stilletto heels. It was a sight to behold.

Trusted Contributor

I had no idea about her illnesses, @cherry.  Or her kidney transplant!  Absolutely amazing story.  And I didn't even know she hooked up with a guy.  She definately deserves happiness after all that Ike put her through.  

I'm glad she's doing better.  I've always loved Tina Turner's music.  Such a talent.