Super Contributor

Has your loneliness increased during Covid if you live aone

Mine sure has.  Good thing I am headed out of town for three weeks with family.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has your loneliness increased during Covid if you live aone

Yes. I was a happy introvert, being home and often not with people was a fine way for me. But 4 months of true isolation has shown me my tolerance for it going on and on is limited. I never thought I'd be lonely, but I realize I am.

My FaceTime sessions with an old friend across the country have really helped my morale. I do need more affection and attention than I thought I did. The Covid era has shown me something about myself that suprised me. I m ght not feel it's safe to solve this right away, but I think I will try to get out and be more open to being with people in the future. I don't need a big dose of humanity, but way more than I'm getting now. 

Honored Contributor

Absolutely!  A large part of my social interaction over the past 10 years has been going to my exercise classes four times a week at the local senior center.  Over that time, I've made a number of friends....not close friends necssarily, but the type that you chat with a bit before and after classes. It even helped my memory, I think, since I've learned (and remembered!) many, many names so that I could greet folks by their first name, where possible.

Needless to say, the classes have been cancelled (probably forever) and the senior center is closed at least though September.

Since I live alone, this has cause a tremendous void in my life.

Honored Contributor

actually, just the opposite.

i really MISS some my alone time.

i had a couple of family members move in with us when this all began.

i DO miss socializing though......going out to play trivia, going to a bar to have drinks, going out for dinner, and more. i have done none of those yet. soon though since our state is slowly opening back up.

headed to the beach so will definitely be seeing more people around.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Yes, I'm definitely lonely now.  It has been pretty bad at times.  During this time my dog that I loved more than anything got very sick and died after a month of being sick.  After a month without her I found another dog.  That has helped tremendously.  I also have a very sweet cat.

I have visited my sister and her family once a week during this time and enjoy that.  I'm greatful that I have her.  I don't think this will be over until there's a vaccine.  I hope that's soon but doubt that it will be.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Yes, it has,and depression at times has become more.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Hmm the answer is yes and no. The no is because my husband who usually travels internationally and can be gone for weeks at a time has not traveled at all this year. He really needs to go somewhere for both our sanity 😂

Respected Contributor

Have really missed having lunch with friends and hanging out with my sisters.  Both events always include lots of laughs and hugs.

Living alone made me realize how much I missed those hugs....never touching another human being for months has been hard.

My older sis stopped over yesterday....first time I had seen her since early March.  We didn't hug or sit close to each other...but we sure had a good visit!  It was so good to see her again. 

Valued Contributor

Absolutely not.  I have no problem staying at home.  I could do this forever.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take the 5th.

-Do Not Copy Pls-