Respected Contributor

Re: Has your favorite color changed over the years?

I have favorite colors for different things.  I love Navy and Gray in shoes and pants.  I love Coral and turquoise for summer tops.  I love pink but painted a room pink and hated it.  

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

Since I was a child blue has been my favorite color, but I noticed that's been slowly changing the last couple years. For decades I've been drawn to blue in my wardrobe and it was always the color I'd choose most often from options, but that's not so anymore. I have gray, cream & shades of off-white, blues & shades of aqua that decorate my home, but I'm growing tired of so many blues in my wardrobe and it's not the most appealing color to me very often now. I'm not sure what has happened, but I'm more drawn to neutrals and a greenish blue lately. Has your favorite color evolved or changed?

@Desert Lily  I began wearing a lot of black and always present jeans in the 60’s in college (art school and the years of hippies). After I got married, I started adding white, grey and a few other neutrals. About 10 years ago I added olive green and shades of red in small doses, mostly accessories. I find it easier knowing everything I pull out of my closet goes together. I’ve tried adding brighter colors, prints...just not me. Those pieces are rarely worn. 

Honored Contributor

I've never really had a favorite color.  There are certain shades of color that I love, and other shades of the same color that I dislike.  That principle has pretty much remained the same.

Respected Contributor

As a child I loved green.  As I grew older I realized I looked less than wonderful in most shades of green.  Blue and red are the colors I look best in but I wear black most often.

I've almost always decorated with shades of blue and/or green.  My kitchens have more often than not been somewhat red.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a Gemini, so I like all colors. My wardrobe reflects that. However, all my life I have been partial to blue. I love every tone of blue from navy and indigo to cobalt to cerulean to baby blue. I am also drawn to the turquoise and aqua blues. I think blue also looks good on everyone. 

Honored Contributor

I love grey. For tops  It was only after I became an adult, I stated to like it.  I guess neutrals.  Charcoal, wheat, black etc. 

I still love my childhood love, violets, mauve, pinks, etc toward the purple end.  

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

No, mine has been Coral and it still is. I also love Orange, Red and Green.......

Oh I have a coral colored oriental poppy, people comment on it more than the red or white ones. 

Always light shades of blue for me. My youngest sister was crazy about anything purple. She flocked her xmas trees purple and her bulbs were all the same.  I sent her a purple slanket one year. Her daughter finally revolted.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*