Trusted Contributor

Re: Has your favorite color changed over the years?

Yes.  Dark brown when I was younger.  Now I wear black almost exclusively, but find teal to be my favorite color.  I would never wear it,  but I love the color.

Respected Contributor

No.  I have always loved blue.  My favorite shade is periwinkle, which makes my eyes look blue/lavender. 

Honored Contributor

My favorite color is blue.  It always has been.

I buy clothing in many colors and my house is decorated in other colors too.  Blue is my favorite, but not exclusive.

If steak and potatoes is your favorite food, you probably wouldn't want to eat it for every meal.

I certainly don't want to be only surrounded by just blue.

Super Contributor

My favorite color used to be blue but now it is pale yellow.  I don't reflect that in my clothing choices though as I am blonde.  I still like blues in my clothing!

Esteemed Contributor

It has always beenany shade of blue.  However, as I've gotten older I've determined my  favorite shade of blue is Colbalt Blue.  Orange is my second favorite color and that's just changed in the last 5 or 6 years.  It was always red before (which is now in third place).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I have many favorite colors - red, teal, grey, green - green is my very fav. Green to me says life - trees, plants, flowers, grass - all alive with life, beginning again.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily Since the 70's, my favorite color for clothing has been camo/olive green. It still is. I remember quite vividly how difficult it was to find clothing in that color and often had to make my own clothes in order to get what I like. Now, the color is very popular and I am a happy camper. Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Blue was always my favorite childhood color.... I wore a lot more color as a young person than I do now.  I see pictures of me wearing yellows and pinks as a young girl... which I never wear yellow now EVER.

Today  I tend to lean towards neutrals ....  greys, black. creams and sometimes burgundy  On occasion I wear some pastels in the summer.... but not too often. If I wear blue today, it is a very deep cobalt blue... nothing like a light or sky blue.

If I did not force myself to add some color... I would wear black from top to bottom

..... I do not know why.   I guess it might be easier to dress mono colored like all black. No decisions of what goes with what. Also I have silver white hair... and black does nicely with silver.

Honored Contributor

No, am a green girl thru and thru ,altho I do like other colors too. 

Respected Contributor

as far as clothing goes, no, I have always worn black...for my home, I love the deep forest green and earth tones,I was never a fan of pink , even as a child