Honored Contributor

Has this happened with Amazon?

[ Edited ]

Has this happened to anyone here with Amazon? There was something that was

due here Friday and it said it would be 

delayed. Not a problem at all.

When I got this message below, I looked at the product on the Amazon site, and it was there and you could order it. So not sure what happened.

Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 3 - 5 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.
Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Has this happened with Amazon?

That sounds like a problem with the shipper.  It seems that the shipper couldn't/didn't deliver it and returned it to Amazon.  You could call Amazon and ask.  If you reordered it you should get it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@CherryHugsyes, that happened to me.  The driver couldn't find our address and made a stupid decision to just return our product back to amazon.  It was out for delivery by amazon prime and they were the ones who couldn't find us though that wasn't our first order.  I thought they had gps anyway.  So stupid and I did raise heck.  It was shipped out again at no charge and I was given a $25 gift card. 

Respected Contributor

Yes it had happened to me. Only once that I can remember. It was something I didn't even reorder. I guess I didn't really need it. 

Honored Contributor

I've also gotten similar messages (not necessarily from Amazon) when the packaging has been badly damaged and it gets sent back to the sender.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

another thing i ordered was deliverd friday afternoon, and another is delayed until april 24/wonder if i will get it!

if i reorder i will wait until i have more to

order since i had free shipping this time! 

and always wait to order enuff to get it.

thanks so much for your replies! Cat Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

This just happened to me.  It was a company that sells through Amazon.  They were trying to deliver water.  It got delivered to another address.  I called Amazon.  They notified the company which promptly refunded me.  I had to order from another place through Amazon.  The company by the way, told me if the misplaced water does arrive back to me, to take it as free!  Nice of the company.  This happened yesterday.  Don't know if the water will come back to me. But I reordered from another company at Amazon. 

Respected Contributor

I had this happen with a Christmas present I ordered in Dec. Like you, I was able to simply re-order the same item from the same seller, and Amazon processed my refund quickly. Two days later, I received both the original package and the replacement, even though I was only charged for one 🤷🏻‍♀️ I donated the extra one.

Honored Contributor

I don't remember the item but I've had this happen once.  I think it was a food item that possibly could have split open.  So they cancelled the order and I lived without it since it was sold out.

Honored Contributor

It happened to me...then a month later it showed up. I did not bother calling Amazon as I figured it was one item out of millions and it would be too time consuming to try to fix everything.