Trusted Contributor

Re: Has the new royal baby's name been announced?

@ms traditional wrote:

i believe the protocol is to tell the Queen first - and i don't believe they will meet with her until the weekend.

Oh *bleep* the queen! The should announce it now and she can find out along with the rest of us "commoners"!

Respected Contributor

Does the Queen not have a telephone?

Respected Contributor

Once they announce the name, all the attention gets turned to the royal wedding.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

IMO both names should have been chosen before the birth and then announce it so after the birth. 

Honored Contributor

Scheech.  My third and youngest child was six days old and I was ready to be released from the hospital and we still could not agree on a name. I asked the hospital if we could go home and fill the paperwork out later.  They said “ NO”

We quickly,in about 10 minutes, came up with one that we both could agree on, so we could leave.

Our family did not give us any grief...they waited patiently.

When I had my first child, we told family members the names we picked out for a boy and a girl.  When I had a girl, my family told everyone her name....but we changed our minds.  Boy, were they surprised to find that out.

We had no problems naming our second child.

I am sure Wm. and Kate already named their baby.  We will find out soon enough what it is. ( wondering why we care so much)

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Scheech.  My third and youngest child was six days old and I was ready to be released from the hospital and we still could not agree on a name. I asked the hospital if we could go home and fill the paperwork out later.  They said “ NO”

We quickly,in about 10 minutes, came up with one that we both could agree on, so we could leave.

Our family did not give us any grief...they waited patiently.

When I had my first child, we told family members the names we picked out for a boy and a girl.  When I had a girl, my family told everyone her name....but we changed our minds.  Boy, were they surprised to find that out.

We had no problems naming our second child.

I am sure Wm. and Kate already named their baby.  We will find out soon enough what it is. ( wondering why we care so much)

Wow ... Most states allow you 6 weeks to register the birth and up to a year to choose or change the name. If you name the baby while in the hospital, they do the paperwork. Otherwise, you have to go down the whatever government office to do it yourself.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Regular Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

1) ITA with you

2) This "royal coyness" is wearing out its welcome. Either announce the ******ing name when the baby is born, or tell us the day it will be revealed.

My sister and I disagree; she likes Arthur and I think that's a terrible lineage to burden a child with. Personally, I like "Bob"; can you ust see the newapaper headlines, "The new baby boy will be named 'Prince Bob'?" hee hee!

Well hello Ms Lorraine, Mrs Lorraine and now Miss Lorraine!  You were gone from the Q boards for so long, I actually figured that you had gone on to your greater reward!!

And how nice to see that you have not changed one bit!!!

Honored Contributor

• The baby's name is Albert
Respected Contributor

The Queen must approve the name before it is announced. I do not like any of the names mentioned but its not my baby.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:
  • The baby's name is Albert

I have not seen that confirmed. Where did you see that? I read that a British newspaper went online to look at Charlotte and George's royal web pages, and access was denied.Then they tested all the names that people have been betting on for baby #3. The only one that seemed to have a web page due to access being denied was Albert.