Honored Contributor

Has anyone with a sensitive stomach tried Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee in glass jars?

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking of trying this product in six packs from Amazon. I have a very sensitive stomach and I've been off of all caffeine, coffee and tea, for two months with much less stomach upset and reflux. There a many reviewers that say this drink is smoother and doesn't bother their stomachs. 4E74CF86-3600-4A4B-861E-4EEE4F70ECB4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone with a sensitive stomach tried Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee in glass jars?

It doesn't matter how smooth the drink is for some; only you can decide if it is worth a try.

Reviews are subjective and can be suspect.

I wouldn't invest in a whole 6-pack; if you can buy one jar, it could be worth a try.

If in doubt, don't.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone with a sensitive stomach tried Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee in glass jars?

I have a sensitive stomach but I don't drink Starbucks coffee.  I always felt their coffee was stronger than most other brands.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D 

I have acid issues and have trouble drinking coffee. 50F46191-8C4B-4E01-A4A1-EBF40D16154C.jpegTrinity11 told me about Prelief tablets.  They neutralize acid and have allowed me to enjoy one mug of coffee in the morning with no bad effects.

I order them from Walmart dot com as they are not available in any stores near me.

I do not drink Starbucks coffee so I cannot comment on them.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

You can get single bottles at Walmart if you want to give it a try.  Maybe if you mix it into a drink and don't drink it full strength?

I have found Starbucks to be very strong (and sometimes bitter) with even their lighter versions, but if mixed into a Latte, or with premiere protein for a cold drink, it's good.

Usually every weekend, I mix a premier protein drink (caramel is my favorite), with some espresso, and a little water and full glass of ice, and it's delicious.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

Cold Brew coffee has less acid than regular but it has the same amount of caffeine!

I use it and love it.  I have acid reflux!  Sumatran Coffee has less acid also. 

The Sumatran Cold Brew is my "go to."   I get the liquid pods from Amazon and heat it in the microwave for hot coffee in the mornings.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties @Thanks. I've been reading about this and checking the product reviews on Amazon. I've saved the product information. This could come in handy.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D  If you have a Starbucks close by, try one of their iced cold brew coffee drinks. See how your stomach reacts. My son drinks it exclusively, but he puts creamer in it. We buy it by the single jar at Albertson's. I think he uses a caramel creamer that he buys there as well.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D It's important for you to know if it's the acidity or caffeine or both that affect you. For a week drink decaf only and see what happens. We're lucky that there are plenty of great decaf and low acid coffees available.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D If you haven't had any caffeine for 2 months, oh my gosh, you will have such a buzz besides a huge headache.

Starbucks is really strong so first I would probably look for a decaf cold coffee product before indulging in a drink that will probably make you sick.