Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone used Coinstar lately?

I have used Coinstar and always got the gift cards to avoid fees.  My bank which is Chase pulled out the coin counting machines and they don't accept rolled coins.  My mother left a bunch of change that she saved for my son and after she passed away we took it to the bank and it was the last day Chase had the machines.  It was over two hundred dollars worth of change.  I told my son not to save change as its too hard getting rid of it.  I now try to spend it as I go since its so hard to find a place that will count it for you.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

According to the Coinstar website they still offer no fee gift cards.  The card is actually a piece of paper its not a plastic card.  There is a kiosk finder where you can find various coinstar machines.  Maybe try another kiosk?

https://www.coinstar.com/giftcards#amazon

Honored Contributor

I used it once years ago and remember thinking the fee was too much.  The credit union I go to now offers the service free.  

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I used it once years ago and remember thinking the fee was too much.  The credit union I go to now offers the service free.  

@GCR18-no fees if you get a gift card. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

It isn't that hard to count and roll coins.

I wouldn't use one of those coin counting machines, because I would rather have the ca$h.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

@GCR18-no fees if you get a gift card. 

@gidgetgh

I don't remember there being a gift card option.  It was located in a grocery store.  The machine gave you a ticket that you took to the courtesy booth to cash in.