Honored Contributor

Has anyone tasted Butterball Fully Cooked Whole Turkey?

Hi. Has anyone tasted Butterball Fully Cooked Whole Turkey? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone tasted Butterball Fully Cooked Whole Turkey?

Yes. Many times.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

fully cooked? no......

we DO always buy a butterball to prepare though. they are consistently good.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Yes. Many

Sorry @Peaches McPhee How good does it taste? Do you reheat the whole bird or just warm up portions in the microwave. Can you slice a piece off it to put in a cold sandwich?

Honored Contributor

Yes. We tried the fully cooked smoked whole turkey. It's ok. I prefer to smoke my own since it tastes so much better.

We received a smoked whole turkey in the mail once during the Holiday's that was really good. It was not ours. LOL!!! They sent it to the wrong person with the same name as DH.

DH deep fried a turkey breast yesterday. It's was good. Have not had that in a long time. We had to make sure the indoor Masterbuilt Butterball fryer was still working.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We almost never do a butterball.  This year we bought a generic turkey, injected it, covered it with cheesecloth and baked it. It was very good!  Over the course of our almost 40 year marriage we have, Nescoed a turkey (many times), spaneked, bar bqed, microwaved, smoked and fried turkeys.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy DI don't know where you live, but i seem to think somewhere in Florida.  At the home where I did "friendsgiving" yesterday, both the turkey and the a ham came from Toojay's!  I don't usually like turkey, but it was excellent as was the gravy and the ham.  A;; the rest of the dinner was prepared in the house.  (No idea of cost.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Yes. Many

Sorry @Peaches McPhee How good does it taste? Do you reheat the whole bird or just warm up portions in the microwave. Can you slice a piece off it to put in a cold sandwich?

@Mindy D 

Yes, you can slice of portions and re-heat in the micro.

Yes, you can slice of portions and place on a cold sandwich.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

For years we purchased Butterball turkeys and in last 20 years, have opted for local supermarket brands which have been as good (and some better) for a much lower price.