Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone seen the Minions movie yet?

I know someone posted last week that they love Minions. I am wondering if anyone saw the Minion movie yet now that it is out? We are going later today with my kids/grandkids. Cant wait. Haha I just love those Minions.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone seen the Minions movie yet?

Saw it on Friday.  My 6 year old nephew loved it and we had to go straight to Build a Bear after the movie so he could make a minion lol!

Honored Contributor

My teacher daughter and I saw the movie yesterday, and enjoyed it. I have a short attention span, and don't watch many movies, but definitely enjoyed this one, which was more like the adventures of Kevin, Stuart, and Bob. There were 5 showings of the movie, and we attended the first one, which was 80% filled with kids and parents or grandparents. The kids were great, and even the theater experience was good. Enjoy!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lobstergal wrote:

Saw it on Friday.  My 6 year old nephew loved it and we had to go straight to Build a Bear after the movie so he could make a minion lol!

Oh please do not tell me there are Minions at Build a Bear!!!!!  Lord give me strength, I so love those little guys . . . so much fun and a joy to watch.

I haven't been to a movie in a theatre in ages but I did treat myself to renting Despicable Me 2 from Amazon for a whopping 99 cents . . Heart

Thank you to everyone for their feedback and experiences on the Minions movie.  I really appreciate it!

Super Contributor

Sorry mtc but yes indeed they have 3 minions at Build a Bear.....Kevin, Bob & Stuart....they were the 3 main characters of the movie. 

Honored Contributor

@lobstergal wrote:

Sorry mtc but yes indeed they have 3 minions at Build a Bear.....Kevin, Bob & Stuart....they were the 3 main characters of the movie. 

Well thank you for this lobstergal but now I have a real dilemma . . . do I go to Build a Bear or go to the theatre and probably spend the same amount in popcorn and soda . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I took our Grands to the first showing Saturday AM.  The theater was mobbed with young children.  (Minions was on 3 screens)  The kids liked it. (ages almost 5 thru 10) I brought earplugs and my knitting. 

I won't tell you the cost of 5 tickets and snacks for 4 kids.

Honored Contributor

I saw the trailer when we saw Jurassic World.  Didn't look very good, but maybe today's kids would like it.  What is a Minion anyway and how much less work could the studio have put into creating them.  Looks like a pill capsule.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@lobstergal wrote:

Well thank you for this lobstergal but now I have a real dilemma . . . do I go to Build a Bear or go to the theatre and probably spend the same amount in popcorn and soda . . . Smiley Happy

We went in the early afternoon when the tickets are cheaper.

1 ticket, bottle of water and medium size popcorn....$21.25

Bob the minion and his outfit from Build a Bear $48.39

Smile on my nephew's face and picture of him sleeping with Bob......priceless!!!  

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@lobstergal wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@lobstergal wrote:

We went in the early afternoon when the tickets are cheaper.

1 ticket, bottle of water and medium size popcorn....$21.25

Bob the minion and his outfit from Build a Bear $48.39

Smile on my nephew's face and picture of him sleeping with Bob......priceless!!!  

Spoiler

Egad! . . . well Monty, I think I am going to have to go with door number 3 (that being wait for it to come to either Amazon Prime or Netflix) . . .

Thanks for letting me know, boy you can really tell I haven't been to the movies in a VERY long time!