Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone seen Lone Survivor?

I finally just watched Lone Survivor with Mark Wahlberg. True story of Navy Seals on a mission in Afghanatstan. Was that graphic, or what? They didnt hold back. Ugh still shaken by watching the fighting and deaths of American servicemen. I was crying SO much my nose was running and tears down my face, while it was on watching what they went through. I really really admire our service men (and women). I could NEVER do what they do! God Bless all of them.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone seen Lone Survivor?

Yes. I loved that movie. What absolute heroes. I have so much respect for everyone in our armed forces, and that movie only deepened it. I was a hot mess at the end, too, Shorty.
Trusted Contributor

Great movie. I'm glad, though, that it didn't come out until long after my son returned from Afganistan. He did exactly what the soldiers in the movie did--hunted for Taliban in the mountains. He was even stationed at the same base. I don't think I could have watched it if he was still there.
Respected Contributor

On 12/27/2014 CardinalGirl_ said: Great movie. I'm glad, though, that it didn't come out until long after my son returned from Afganistan. He did exactly what the soldiers in the movie did--hunted for Taliban in the mountains. He was even stationed at the same base. I don't think I could have watched it if he was still there.
I thought the same thing after seeing it.....that I was so glad I hadn't before my son was back on home turf.
Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't imagine watching that either knowing a family member was there.

If you come back and see this, please tell your sons thank you for their service!

My brother was in the Air Force years ago and I know what goes on daily in the service but seeing it like this movie showed it looking so real, well it really dug deep into me. Oh Ive teared up at sad endings of other movies, but this just got to me so much.

Well, I just cant imagine going through what they do.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles