Trusted Contributor

Has anyone received the census form?

I received something in the mail that was official and stated that it was the Census form and wanted a reply via the Internet.

Excuse me, however, I thought it was not due out to August. Of course I am suspicious due to the time it arrived. Anyone else get this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone received the census form?

Did not receive.  I don't think census forms are due to be sent for a while. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Deanie, this government page explains how to determine if what you received is legit. See section 5 - Is This a Rea Survey?  

https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/are-you-in-a-survey/FAQs-about-our-surveys.html

Also check section 7 for a list of all surveys to see if the one you received is on the list.

FYI, things I've read say the next census is in 2020, but perhaps they gather info at other times, as well.

Super Contributor

Yes I completed a Survey last month actually it came vie FEDEX letter I must have missed it in the regular mail or it got tossed something. But I did it online it came with a special login code in the letter. 50 questions in total took me 30 min sense I'm single and live alone.

Honored Contributor

Yes, there are census forms being sent out and you're legally required to complete them.

My brother just did his recently.  He got the first notice and tossed it!  (He's like that.)  I told him he had to fill in the census form and he did when he got the second reminder.

It's always good to make sure what you receive is legit though.

Honored Contributor

@DeanieI'm thinking SCAM -  the next census is 2020 - I don't think they've even agreed to the whole form yet -  and no, I can't imagine answering census on the Internet.  I haven't read anywhere that that's coming.

Smart lady to be suspicious!

Honored Contributor

@Deaniewrote:

I received something in the mail that was official and stated that it was the Census form and wanted a reply via the Internet.

Sounds like a scam to me.  You do NOT need to reply to a legit census report ONLY through the internet.

Not everyone in the USofA have access to the internet, have cell phones and/or computers.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I got one today, and it stated that if you don't file through the Internet, you will automatically receive a paper one to fill out.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Deaniewrote:

Excuse me, however, I thought it was not due out to August. Of course I am suspicious due to the time it arrived. Anyone else get this?

Hi @Deanie,

We did get the short form when the official census form came out years ago, and then we did get a notice regarding the long "Community Form" some time later--I think that it might have been a few years later perhaps?--I can't remember.

I do think that it asked us to complete it on the Internet if I recall correctly.

Please forgive my lapse in memory, but I do remember it asking us to fill it out when it wasn't during what we would think of as a regular Census time frame. 

It was a legitimate request, and we filled it out. 

Respected Contributor

They do send them out in certain areas in non-census years.  I got one for my area once.  My area was really growing at the time so I think that factored into it.