Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Has anyone rec'd Vitamix replacement?

Has anyone rec'd any notification of when the blade replacement will be sent? I mailed in the correct information and have not heard back- so I wrote Vitamix online and they said they don't have that information (??)---- to contact the settlement company that filed the lawsuit and it's not settled yet. This seems odd since I'm not using mine until the replacement is sent- or one person said you have to mail back the unit and Vitamix installs it.-- It seems odd that the replacement wouldn't be sent since some class settlements take years- and yes- a replacement was offered (or a $70 gift certificate which I consider useless since not one thing on their site is $70-- unless you want some stupid spatulas -- everything else is MUCH more which certainly aren't bargain priced even with the $70!! SO here I sit - and wonder when or IF I'm going to get some kind of information and/or my replacement!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone rec'd Vitamix replacement?

I didn't receive my replacement either.  Haven't heard a word since I did the paperwork.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Any sort of settlement takes LOTS time to complete.

Personally?

I’m not going to look for it until March/2019.

http://www.blendersettlement.com/faqs

36D78322-D1BF-40E7-8A98-349D1669784C.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I didn't even know about this.  My original blade leaked oil.  They sent me a replacement.  It's dated August 2012.  I think I'm eligible, but need to research.  In the meantime, this blade has been good.

Trusted Contributor

Is there a specific Vitamix model involved in the action? I have the Galaxy Creations.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No not yet altho I did get an update a few months ago--don't know where I put it and don'r recall what it said. It took almost a year to get my new cusinart blade. 

Honored Contributor

Wow, didn't even hear of this... have had my Creations since the first TSV came to QVC and you could only get black.  I've never (thank goodness) had a problem and surprised to hear of this.....  hope you all get it resolved quickly....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

http://www.containerbladerecall.com/ProductEntry.aspx

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have two containers.  I contacted Vitamix and they took care of one of them right away and said to register the other for the settlement.  I did.  I have heard nothing.  Glad Vitamix took care of the first one.  I am not using the second one until it is fixed.

Occasional Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

http://www.containerbladerecall.com/ProductEntry.aspx

I didn't know of this. Thank you for the thread and information.