Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone purchased the Mrs. Prindables apples and received them?

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

What do you think is "healthy" about these?

@Group 5 minus 1  It's an apple covered in chocolate chips.  Better than a Snickers, and it is Christmas after all.  Perhaps, just for you, I should have written  "kid friendly" treat. 

@Georgiagrama If you are going to give them something healthy, give them an apple.  If it's a treat and you want something good, give the poor kids snickers.

I got those apples once, and I have really nothing good to say about them.  They were hard and messy to eat, not that good, and the apples weren't top quality.  I would far rather have a good apple AND a good treat. 

Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I'd have a lot of various treats available for the kids. Christmas cookies, Christmas candies, hot chocolate with whipped cream and mini marshmallows, egg nog, Coke, Pepsi, etc.   Smiley Happy

It's part of the fun and I'm sure the kids are hoping you'll have some "good stuff" for them to eat. 

@Daisy Sunflower  Thank you!  I don't get to see them very often and it makes my heart happy that they even take the time to come see us.  They have to travel from the middle of the state to get down to us - and they've already come from Canada!!  I am also planning on making a decorating cookies with them, and, of course, we will have hot chocolate (provided it isn't 80 degrees). I've always loved the children and when they moved away it broke my heart.  I'm  so looking  forward to their visit !!  And, while my snacks may not be the healthiest, I hope the memories of their visit with me will be happy. 

Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama  Yes, I have ordered Mrs. Prindables apples every Christmas for about the last 8-10 years and I highly recommend.  As far as a good "snack" for children, young or old, absolutely!  I received mine the other day and have already had a wonderful apple!  I hope you enjoy them as much as my friends, family and I. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

What do you think is "healthy" about these?

@Group 5 minus 1  It's an apple covered in chocolate chips.  Better than a Snickers, and it is Christmas after all.  Perhaps, just for you, I should have written  "kid friendly" treat. 

@Georgiagrama If you are going to give them something healthy, give them an apple.  If it's a treat and you want something good, give the poor kids snickers.

I got those apples once, and I have really nothing good to say about them.  They were hard and messy to eat, not that good, and the apples weren't top quality.  I would far rather have a good apple AND a good treat. 

@Sooner  Well, I had thought of apples sliced up, and then have caramel and warm chocolate to dip the apples - BUT, they are children and if one of them is sick, I don't want to spread it to another child.  It's not like there would not be double dipping done. Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove  Thank you!!  I really think that they would be the perfect treat to place in the center of the table while we make cookies.  

Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@ScarletDove  Thank you!!  I really think that they would be the perfect treat to place in the center of the table while we make cookies.  

@Georgiagrama  Quite welcome and you have a great idea, with milk or hot chocolate....you will have happy kiddos.  You can also slice them and use as a light dessert for anyone, young/old....

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Georgiagrama  Yes, I have ordered Mrs. Prindables apples every Christmas for about the last 8-10 years and I highly recommend.  As far as a good "snack" for children, young or old, absolutely!  I received mine the other day and have already had a wonderful apple!  I hope you enjoy them as much as my friends, family and I. 

@ScarletDove  I just ordered the 9 ultimate chocolate chip apples. They look so festive and I think we will all enjoy them!  And, thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@ScarletDove  I just ordered the 9 ultimate chocolate chip apples. They look so festive and I think we will all enjoy them!  And, thank you!

@Georgiagrama   I hope you enjoy them as much as I have....You must try one when they arrive, promise you will!

Respected Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Georgiagrama   I hope you enjoy them as much as I have....You must try one when they arrive, promise you will!

@ScarletDove  I will I promise.  It will probably be the only one I get. Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

I would just make sure none of the children have food allergies.  For instance, neither of my grandsons could eat them as they have nut and egg allergies and there's always the chance of cross contamination.  I do, however, really like the apples myself.