Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone ordered a car from the factory recently

We were having a hard time getting a 2021 Toyota Rav 4, asked at two separate car places to order and they said they are not making them now. My DH thinks because it's so close to 2022 production. Boy it's impossible to get a car now, or a lot of things for that matter. My friend ordered a new couch February 20 th and still not here yet and they have no idea when she will get it. 

Respected Contributor

No.

Super Contributor

My son ordered the Bronco.  He gets emails from Ford on fridays.  Delays, delays delays. ..first they blamed COVID. Now its parts.  My son knows more about the Bronco than the dealership.  He has his 2005 Mustang getting repaired.  Power steering pump leaks and something about a belt pulley. Mustang been sitting there since May 30.  They ordered parts supposed to arrive Wednesday.  Thursday afternoon supposed to be fixed.  He has 175K miles on it.  He's been waiting for Bronco.  Probably 2023 model. Lol. Dealership doesn't have a loaner he can use , or a good used car he can buy. And rental company says nothing available even when their website says they do.  

Honored Contributor

hope it doesn't take as long to receive a car as it does for QVC to send out your order. Ridiculous and unacceptable. Hire more people for cat sake !

Esteemed Contributor

@godi wrote:

We were having a hard time getting a 2021 Toyota Rav 4, asked at two separate car places to order and they said they are not making them now. My DH thinks because it's so close to 2022 production. Boy it's impossible to get a car now, or a lot of things for that matter. My friend ordered a new couch February 20 th and still not here yet and they have no idea when she will get it. 

Yeah I think orders for the blazer we ordered are are no longer being done because they are getting ready for the 22. We had to order by a certain date. There may be more cars on lots once the chip shortage gets fixed. There are a lot of 21 waiting on the chips.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@ccassaday I just bought a new '21 RS.  It is so much fun to drive!  Mine is fully loaded.  Mine is the cherry red tintcoat.  What color did your parents get?  

Wow. We ordered the same color. It's a fun looking car. Never seen a sports suv like that before.

Respected Contributor

I ordered my first brand new car in 1984.  Took 3 months.  I never ordered a car again. Dealer could always find one or locate one coming in.

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

Our neighbor ordered a 2020 Chevy pickup truck last summer but they were not able to make it before the switchover to 2021. So he ordered a 2021 at the end of last year and was told he would get it in April of this year.  He finally got his new Chevy Silverado last week. 

I actually live in the city where the Silverado is assembled. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I ordered my first brand new car in 1984.  Took 3 months.  I never ordered a car again. Dealer could always find one or locate one coming in.

I think that is the year we ordered our Oldsmobile. Parents said never again on a brand new car. I guess with being able to put half down and low interest rates it makes it more doable. We probably would of bought one a year or two but the prices were over 40k. Might as well by the new one at that point. 

Honored Contributor

As a former American auto worker, I thank you for trusting an American company to build your new car.