Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone ordered a car from the factory recently

So my family has been looking for a new car. After zeroing in on a Blazer RS the search began. With low inventory on the lots everything having a sunroof we didnt find one we like. Do not want a sunroof. So at the end of April family decided to just order what we wanted. It is being made this week so will probably be done by the end of the week.

My question has anyone ordered a car recently and know what shipping times you have experienced? The blazer is assembled in Mexico.I think our sales guy said maybe 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully by the end of June. Anyone want to share their recent experiences you might of had if you have ordered a car recently.
Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ordered a car from the factory recently

I'd worry about them being able to get the parts needed, and then it taking forever. Getting parts for anything seems to be a big problem nowadays. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'd worry about them being able to get the parts needed, and then it taking forever. Getting parts for anything seems to be a big problem nowadays. 

It's already in production so that won't be a issue. We waited over a month for it to hit the assembly line.  I am just curious how long shipping takes from Mexico.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday   I factory ordered my car in 2017.  Took exactly 3 months.  Parts came from Mexico.  Final assembly was in Detroit.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I would not order one.  I find you usually pay more for it, it can take forever, or they can simply not get around to making that car.

Plus, I like to drive one before I make a deal to buy it. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@ccassaday   I factory ordered my car in 2017.  Took exactly 3 months.  Parts came from Mexico.  Final assembly was in Detroit.

The Mexico plant where the blazer is made is pretty close to the Texas border so hopefully it won't take to long for shipping. The longest time as been waiting for it to hit the production line. From what I understand it only takes a week to build. If we have it by the end of June that will be about 8 weeks. We ordered a car when I was a kid but that was the only time.

So excited to get it. The BLazer RS is a very cool Camarro inspired midsize SUV. 

With both my parents retired we have only needed one car but Ira time to get a 2nd car so no one is stuck if they want to go somewheee 

It's crazy is low new inventory is and the price of used cars.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I would not order one.  I find you usually pay more for it, it can take forever, or they can simply not get around to making that car.

Plus, I like to drive one before I make a deal to buy it. 

Right now used cars are expensive and used car prices are so high. For instance a blazer with under ten thousand miles that is two years old is almost the same price as a brand new one. We didn't need it right away anyway. Just a second car. It took about a month to hit the assembly line. Not too bad.

They did drive one before ordering. Would of been dumb no too. We didn't want a sunroof and that was all we could find.

Super Contributor

We ordered our Tesla last March.......took a few weeks, but they delivered it to our door!

Esteemed Contributor

Also interest rates are low right now. We will get around 1.8% so if you pay a little more it all evens out because the super low inferest rates. Plus we are putting half down.

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday  I thought I was the only one who no longer wants a sunroof. Too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, too much traffic noise all year round. I've really gotten old!

Are those your reasons?