Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone ordered a car from the factory recently

@ccassaday my son who is a GM says ordering cars from the factories right now is not smart- first off you will get better prices on existing cars and the shortage of the chips for the car computers is going to last at least another year if not two which will make repairs almost impossible- better to not special order- if you didn't find what you wanted exactly I would say it is time to be a bit more flexible with your purchases and save some money as this pandamic is going to cause problems for many years to come- also a Blazer? why that SUV, Jeep is a much better product

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I just bought a new SUV.  My 15 year old Forester was in need of a lot of $$$ and I just put some money into it about 3 years ago.  Was time to say goodbye and sell it...   which was fine since used cars are getting a premium right now.

I've driven 2 Foresters since 1999 and it was time for a change.  I did a lot of research, test drove various SUVs,  priced  what I wanted at several dealers and got what I wanted off the dealers lot.  They matched the discount of the other dealer for a vehicle that was similar.  I would grab what you can now if it's available because as a lot of people have mentioned,  not only are new vehicles going to be less available,  but they are saying that the prices will likely sky rocket too.   GOOD LUCK.

Esteemed Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

@ccassaday my son who is a GM says ordering cars from the factories right now is not smart- first off you will get better prices on existing cars and the shortage of the chips for the car computers is going to last at least another year if not two which will make repairs almost impossible- better to not special order- if you didn't find what you wanted exactly I would say it is time to be a bit more flexible with your purchases and save some money as this pandamic is going to cause problems for many years to come- also a Blazer? why that SUV, Jeep is a much better product

A used blazer was almost the same price as ordering a brand new one. Pre owned cars are through the roof right now. Plus the inventory on both new and used is almost non existent.  We still are getting a rebate too. I don't think we overpaid.   I would hope a brand new car doesn't need repairs for a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I just bought a new SUV.  My 15 year old Forester was in need of a lot of $$$ and I just put some money into it about 3 years ago.  Was time to say goodbye and sell it...   which was fine since used cars are getting a premium right now.

I've driven 2 Foresters since 1999 and it was time for a change.  I did a lot of research, test drove various SUVs,  priced  what I wanted at several dealers and got what I wanted off the dealers lot.  They matched the discount of the other dealer for a vehicle that was similar.  I would grab what you can now if it's available because as a lot of people have mentioned,  not only are new vehicles going to be less available,  but they are saying that the prices will likely sky rocket too.   GOOD LUCK.

The good thing is we aren't in a emergency for a car. We have been using only one for awhile. Just going to be nice to get that second one so nobody is stuck at home.  We would of bought one off the lot but they all had sunroofs. We don't want a sunroof. Plus if we are going to spend that much we are just going to get what we want.  It should be finished this week. So it didn't take long. A little over a month. We will see how long it takes to ship it.

Esteemed Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

I think my dad looked at the jeeps. Just liked the blazer better.  He looked at a lot of different brands. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@arizona babe not according to JD Power...

8B73851B-3614-46FC-9883-CC3B9521B465.png

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday here's mine...  Your parents are going to love it!

41E0D168-DA77-4E30-A3DD-8525164F82EB.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

@ccassaday here's mine...  Your parents are going to love it!

41E0D168-DA77-4E30-A3DD-8525164F82EB.jpeg

Nice. Red is my moms favorite color. I think the interior is so pretty with the red stitching on the leather.

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday have you heard anything about your parents' car?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

@ccassaday have you heard anything about your parents' car?

Not that I know of. My dad might have gotten emails or something but I haven't heard anything. Hopefully we get it in the next couple weeks.