Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone ordered a car from the factory recently

[ Edited ]

The Hondas, I buy come from the dealer inventory. Two cars were assembled in the US. My current Civic came from Canada. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@ccassaday  I thought I was the only one who no longer wants a sunroof. Too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, too much traffic noise all year round. I've really gotten old!

Are those your reasons?

There was a couple reasons. There was not as much headroom in the models with a sunroof. Then you have to worry about leakage. I remember the car we ordered when I was a kid has t tops lol. The panoramic sunroofs on the blazer is cool but like it better without.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday    Let us know how it goes. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ccassaday    Let us know how it goes. 

I will. Hopefully we have it by mine and my dads birthday ar the end of the month. My mom says my dad is going through a crisis because it looks like a sports car but is a suv. It's a little bigger then our equinox but not to much bigger. I never went with them so hopefully it doesn't sit to high for me. Otherwise I will be using the equinox when they take me to appointments.  It doesn't look like it sits higher and has seats that go up and down so should be just fine. 

Respected Contributor

My father used to tell me never buy a car with a sunroof or a turbo. Too late for that.

It would be fun if you could get the transport truck's GPS so you could track your car from Mexico.

Best of luck!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

My father used to tell me never buy a car with a sunroof or a turbo. Too late for that.

It would be fun if you could get the transport truck's GPS so you could track your car from Mexico.

Best of luck!

The Blazer RS has a v6 no turbo. The main reason we didn't get another equinox is we do tow stuff sometimes. With the blazer we can tow more.  The plant they make it at in Mexico is only 8 hours from the Texas  border so shouldn't take long. I don't think they have heard of any delays so hopefully it did hit the assembly line Saturday like they said. Will probably get a update before it's shipped.

If inventory was normal they probably would of had one without a sunroof. They drove the color they wanted and everything but it had a stinkin sunroof.  Otherwise we probably would of bought that one.

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday 

We haven't but our best friends did.  They ordered a new 2021 Subaru Outback in Nov. & it took 4 months for them to receive it.

Respected Contributor

Our neighbor ordered a 2020 Chevy pickup truck last summer but they were not able to make it before the switchover to 2021. So he ordered a 2021 at the end of last year and was told he would get it in April of this year.  He finally got his new Chevy Silverado last week. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday I just bought a new '21 RS.  It is so much fun to drive!  Mine is fully loaded.  Mine is the cherry red tintcoat.  What color did your parents get?  

Trusted Contributor

@ccassaday   It took my husband 3 months to receive his 2021 Ford F250.