Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone noticed this about cashback sites?

@on the bay 

WISH you lived near!!!  You and I would have quite a time!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

I know! Me too!🥰 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   I have never had this happen on Amazon, but now that you have mentioned it....I'll be very astute regarding the price I'm paying as I tend to leave things in the cart before purchasing.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Respected Contributor

All I know is Amazon prices go up and down and all around regularly. It is annoying as it can happen quickly. I don't even use rebates sites much with Amazon so it has nothing to do with them. The only thing I will add as just a little reminder is if you use an ad blocker be sure they're turned off on both the cash back site and the retailer or you will not receive your cash. 

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped,

Thank you so much!

I did not think of that and probably the reason I never seem to getcash back! Thank you!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay. yes, make sure every time you make a purchase that your ad blocker is not turned on for both sites...like Mr. Rebates and QVC or Amazon. I mention this because mine are always turned off but then once in awhile they magically get turned back on and I don't know how that even happens. Also, when making your purchase, don't have any other pages open on your browser...hope I'm saying this right as I'm no computer person. Only have the rebate site page and the retailer page open. I hope this helps and you get your money! Woman Very Happy     

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped,

Thank you again! I would not have thought of a lot of this!

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon uses dynamic pricing.  Depending upon interest in the item based upon purchases and views the price can move multiple times intraday.  Even several times within an hour.

Honored Contributor

This happens to me when I try to order from Swanson Vitamins, but not for any other sites for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Amazon uses dynamic pricing.  Depending upon interest in the item based upon purchases and views the price can move multiple times intraday.  Even several times within an hour.

@on the bay  The definition of "dynamic pricing" is "Jeff Bezos wants to squeeze more money out of you when he sees you like a product."