Honored Contributor

Has anyone noticed this about cashback sites?

I thought I'd try once again with for me mrrebates seeing how so many have had luck with these various sites.

Anyway this time I first signed into I think it was Amazon, then mrrebates. 

As soon as I put in Amazon (or maybe it was Walmart) in the mrrebates bar, then went again to the thing I was buying, it went up in price!

So Im wondering if as soon as you go on these cashback sites, the price of what you are trying to order is already higher then if you just went to the store!

Anyone esel find this?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone noticed this about cashback sites?

@on the bay .  I use Rakuten and Mr Rebates and that has never happened to me.

Honored Contributor

@Pook,

Thank you. Maybe it was just a one time thing cause I never noticed it before.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Pook,

Thank you. Maybe it was just a one time thing cause I never noticed it before.

Maybe you were looking at the total with tax and shipping.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

I use Rakuten occasionally and Top Cash Back most of the time.  I did use Mr Rebates for a while, but don't like it, and wouldn't recommend them.  JMO of course.  

Honored Contributor

@Pook,

No, it was the actual price of the item.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay. It's Amazon thar raises the prices in my cart.  I don't go through the rebate sites for Amazon.  But if I leave something in my Amazon cart --which I never do any more because of this- I've noticed Amazon raises the price (not always but often enough).  So now if I want something on Amazon I buy it right away at the price I see and never leave something in my cart and go off the site.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee,

Thank you. That probably explains it.

Honored Contributor

I use Mr Rebates and I haven't notice that.  What I have noticed is that some nicer stores are no longer on it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used Mr Rebates for quite a while and never had an issue.

Prices are like a gravel road, up and down then who knows?

@on the bay I have almost $80.00 on Mr Rebates.  The date has passed so I'll cash out at the end of the month.