Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone noticed that Trader Joe's does not have the selection of pumpkin items this year?

You are doing the best thing for yourself @panda1234..The only other thing ,is to keep a bit for yourself ,and give the rest of it ,away

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone noticed that Trader Joe's does not have the selection of pumpkin items this year?

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The one near me has tons of pumpkin offerings as usual.

I just finished their pumpkin waffles for breakfast this morning.  I practiced restraint on their famous pumpkin cheesecake though. 

No pumpkin cheesecake here @Caaareful Shopper. I am better off, I would be the only one eating it.

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

You are doing the best thing for yourself @panda1234..The only other thing ,is to keep a bit for yourself ,and give the rest of it ,away

Good idea @cherry, but all my friends are cutting back too. Way too many temptations this time of year. Forget those Christmas cookies, this is my time of year to gain pounds.....love pumpkin. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The one near me has tons of pumpkin offerings as usual.

I just finished their pumpkin waffles for breakfast this morning.  I practiced restraint on their famous pumpkin cheesecake though. 

No pumpkin cheesecake here @Caaareful Shopper. I am better off, I would be the only one eating it.

@panda1234  I'm right with you.  I have to pass up that cheescake since I would be the only one eating it. 

I used to live in Brooklyn for a while, one mile from Junior's Cheescake.  After work, at least three times a week, I'd walk to Junior's after getting off the subway, eat a slice (they are cut huge in the restaurant!), and walk that mile home.  Since I also walked all over NY just to get to & from work everyday, I never gained an ounce.  Twenty years later, and living in northern VA now.  One whiff of cheescake and I'm eating no-dressing salad for a week

Respected Contributor

The one near me seems to have an overabundance of pumpkin products this year. Or maybe it just appears that way to me since i don't like and won't eat anything pumpkin or pumpkin spice flavored. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

yes, last year they had a big almost festive display of all the pumpkin stuff in one section this year not

Respected Contributor

Our TJ'S has the usual pumpkin items - maybe try calling before you head over.  I know where I live the seasonal speciality items go fast!

Honored Contributor

Speaking of trader joes, any body tried the turkey breast that is wrapped in a pastry, i think it comes with cranberry sauce,and rice?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

My guess is that it is a fad that has pretty much been run into the ground, stores got stuck with a lot of it last year, and aren't carrying as  much this year.  

Come to think of it, I haven't seen and heard about it day and night as in recent seasons.   I will admit I am no lover of pumpkin, so maybe I just don't notice it. 

Respected Contributor

I'm surprised you didn't find anything "pumpkin" at your TJs.  There were lots of items at mine, particularly on all the end caps.