Honored Contributor

Has anyone invested in 'bitcoins?

I am not trying to pry, but ,I just wonder what appeal they have? It seems to me that it is all risk ,and no benefit. Perhaps I don't understand the process?

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone invested in 'bitcoins?

No matter how many times it is explained, I don't get it.

It seems like savings or investing in cyberspace or the twilight zone.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I think that we will see that cyber currency will be our future. It won't be bitcoin or similar current itireations but much more safe and user-friendly.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

"If it looks to good to be true........."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

My son got in on it when it was very cheap, made a mint when he sold most of it when it went through the roof. Don't worry if you don't understand it, buy as much of it as you can if you can afford it. My son is not buying it now because it's too expensive, but he still has some left from when he bought it cheap. Bitcoin is not the only crypto currency out there, so look for one that is cheaper and buy that, my son has done that. I wish I would have listened to him and bought bitcoin a few years ago when he did. The banks in the US don't want people to use crypto currency, it will cut into their business.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wanted to buy a small amount several years ago....my financial advisor advised against it.  I was willing to lose what I had invested, I was doing it for fun and hoped it would pan out financially....even if I didn't make much.

Honored Contributor

I would not invest in any current crypto currency at this point. It's in its infancy and far less reliable than most other investments.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I wish we had

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

My son got in on it when it was very cheap, made a mint when he sold most of it when it went through the roof. Don't worry if you don't understand it, buy as much of it as you can if you can afford it. My son is not buying it now because it's too expensive, but he still has some left from when he bought it cheap. Bitcoin is not the only crypto currency out there, so look for one that is cheaper and buy that, my son has done that. I wish I would have listened to him and bought bitcoin a few years ago when he did. The banks in the US don't want people to use crypto currency, it will cut into their business.

@blackhole99 

I did the same as your son.  

Glad I did.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I don't understand it and always figured it was a tax dodge for rich people, which doesn't apply to me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment