Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone heard from Sharon Fatesh?

@this is my nic wrote:

I don't know Sharon Fatesh.  Was she a vendor?

@this is my nic   She means Sharon Faetsch, the former QVC host.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I think that Sharon initially had the intention of staying in contact via her public Facebook page, but stopped suddenly last December.  Perhaps she decided it just wasn't worth it (I don't blame her).

She and Nancy Hornback are friends and a number of months ago Nancy posted a picture of a group, including Sharon on the train going to New York for a Dennis Basso show.

Honored Contributor

I assume you mean on Social Media sites.  Yes, she's another one who let "to spend time with my family" and then asked everyone to follow her on the social media sites and gave them impression that there would be reason to follow her.  Nothing ever came of that and it appears she's just  private person now.  I'm sure she's perfectly fine.  QVC was just a job, people leave their jobs all the time.    Same thing with Jacqui.  There was a flurry of follow me's from her and a blog and weekly Youtube show but there was nothing to any of it.  It all just fizzeled out.     

Honored Contributor

No, I haven't heard from her.  She must have lost my email.  LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It’s not easy to maintain a social media following, especially for TV shopping channel hosts. They have to bring something to the public that appeals to them outside of hoping they spill some QVC gossip, which frankly know one outside of QVC shoppers would relate to. There has to be an entertainment factor, a retail component, or lifestyle component because being a former Q host alone has little appeal to the keep or attract followers. I think all the former hosts who promised follow up public social media found it to be a tough assignment to be constantly coming up with material if they haven’t decided on a clear direction. Without a job or products or projects to showcase, all you have left is your personal life and that can be dicey if you want any privacy.

Honored Contributor

The last I saw from her, she had asked people to pose questions about QVC to her. She got a huge response, said she was going to come up with some neat way to answer them and I don't think she ever posted another thing.  That has to be about 2 years ago.  LOL