Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone found hand sanitizer available online in the past two days?

@Icegoddess wrote:

Didn't they eliminate the antibacterial component of had sanitizers like they did for soaps a few years ago because they were causing super bacteria much like the overuse of antibiotics (along with people not taking the full course when they did take them)?  Never used hand sanitizers or the antibacterial soap and then my husband comes home with a two-pack of Antibacterial Dawn from Ollies.  So proud of himself for saving money and I still have tht stuff hidden in the back of a closet because I won't use it.  He also came home with a giant 6 pack of Chlorox wipes from Costco just as the Corona Virus started picking up media attention. Maybe if you can find something like that you could carry them around in ziplock baggies for your hands.  Or, the wet butt wipes.  I still have some of those sitting around from my last colonoscopy.  

Thanks for the LAUGH. After listening to the media - I know I have to start drinking!!!! 

Respected Contributor

Put some rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. 

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I just looked at Amazon and I think these prices are jacked up and I thought that was illegal.

2 purell advance hand sanizers 8 oz each are 49.00

The equate brand, 2 of those, 8 oz each are 38.00

This is ridiculous.

Whoppi was talking about this on the view.  She says the online companies that are doing this, she was not shopping with them anymore.  It is not rght for prices to be jacked up like this.  I think somewhere in forums there are instructions on how to make hand sanitizers.  I am sure on youtube too.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

the Surgeon General says to use soap and water!

@ms traditional , I agree washing your hands is best, however, when you are out and about, it isn't always possible to wash, so I want one bottle for my purse. 

@QVCkitty1 how about putting some rubbing alcohol into a small plastic bottle to carry - or in a small spray bottle. 

Honored Contributor

Hubby and I went to our yearly spring Home & Garden show today.  A lot of the vendors will have little promotional freebies like pens and refrigerator magnets.  I went over to check out what looked like some interesting freebies and there were several little hand sanitizers.  I had to laugh.  The vendor said I could have one for $29, just kidding.  i'm sure they ordered those things a long time before the Corona Virus scare.  I told him I didn't use hand sanitizer so I would leave them for others. He probably should've only put a few out at a time.  I'm sure they will go fast.  But, I did score a glasses cleaner at the booth. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes. Purell in 40 oz bottles. 4 for $120 (only way it's sold). I already have a pump one for my car (fits in the drink holder) and one for my purse so I'll use it to refill both. Split the cost with a home-care nurse friend (she needs it for her job).

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Super Contributor

We got ours at the dollar store. Purell $1.00 each 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was doing errands yesterday after my Dr appt, and I was in BJ's, Walgreens, Walmart, and the grocery store, every place I went there wes nothing left on the shelves (I'm in nj) that had anything to do with otc meds, cleaning products, antibacterial products,  there was nothing anywhere I went nothing! (I did see plenty of elderberry, but not everyone knows what that's for exactly, I did grab some, just to add to my medicine cabinet since we use it whenever someone is coming down with something, it's great if used as soon as you have a symptom come on, or if anyone your in contact with has something you don't want to catch, it's an immune booster).  I wasn't looking for anything, but I couldn't help to notice.  In our home we use elderberry, all the time,,,, and to kill gems, bacteria, infections, or anything else, we use thieves essential oil, only from a reputable distributor (my mom and daughter sell essential oils). It kills EVERYTHING,  we use it for tooth infections, instead of antibiotics, it kills MRSA, staph, etc, every superbug is been tested on.  So it's better than your typical spray, purell or any of that kind of stuff, for killing gems.  My daughter uses it for a cleaning wipe on shopping carts to protect her 18 MO daughter, she just makes baby wipes into theives infused wipes.  It isn't for consuming, but you can put it on a tooth for instance, so it's safer for my granddaughter than a lysol wipe, it won't harm her when she puts her fingers in her mouth.  But you don't drink it.  You can make many protective things from it, like the wipes, do sprays, make hand sanitizer, there's all sorts of things, use your imagination, or go on Google or you tube.  The best thing is, not many people know about the healing, bacteria killing effects that essential oils have, so it's not hard to obtain.  Make sure the ingredients are pure, have no fillers or anything other than pure essential oils.  Here's a clip from a test study done on it, of anyone is interested.  I don't think I'm allowed to post what brand we use, it had to be obtained from our source thru a independent seller.  But I'm sure if you look you can find a good brand.  Here's the study, it's only a clip, but there's are tons more to be found 

I have been using Thieves oil, spray, hand sanitizer and cleaning products for over 10 years. I keep a bottle of Thieves spray in my purse at all times. When my daughter was in nursing school, the class was asked to bring in something they thought would kill more bacteria and viruses. She brought in her Thieves Oil. It killed every virus and bacteria that they tested it for. It was the only substance that did. 

Hang in, this too shall pass 

Debbie 

Esteemed Contributor

I found lavender and chamomile scented hand sanitizer online today at Fred Myer. It was not a well known brand, but very affordable for 8 ounces.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

Yes, online at Grove Collaborative.