Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone ever used a professional organizer?

I'm a pretty organized person, but I'm curious if anyone has used the services of a pro.

Just had my closet redesigned and will be doing another major purge before putting my stuff back.

I've wondered what it would be like to have some help and a fresh eye.

Sometimes, I think all I need is another pair of hands and a strong back Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever used a professional organizer?

I have never done it, but would love to have a professional help me organize my closets.  In the rest of my house everything is in perfect order.  My closets are small and stuffed to the brim.  I try to keep the closet in my bedroom in order, but I still have lots of clothes I could get rid of.  I sorted through them last year and need to do it again.

If you do hire one, I would love to hear what they do to help you and how it goes.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I would love to have someone come in and do that.  

My home is very clean and not cluttered - just to go through the  mountains of pictures and other various things that kind of make me wince a little.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 

@NickNack 

What set me to thinking about this is our local news did a segment on the Marie Kondo method.  She had a show on Netflix, I think.  I didn't see it, but it sparked my interest in my perpetual desire to stay organized.

I'll have to check for YouTube videos....she has a book, but I'd rather have visual demonstrations.

I am constantly donating and organizing things, but I think it is always a work in progress.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman   You can still watch Marie Kondo on Netflix.  I watched an episode the other day.  The show is called Tidying Up.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

If I hired someone, I think it would be to help organize my office and paperwork.  I'm sure there is a better way than  what I am doing but half the job is spending the huge amount of time on it.

Honored Contributor

I have not done that, never even considered but we do need to organize our closet and storage space.  We have lots of space but we're wasting it because there's no plan or organization.  

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

We just dumped Netflix as we rarely watched anything. Dumping Netflix was part of my suggestions for streamlining our livesCat LOL

Honored Contributor

I have not done it but I do know someone who had California Closets redo her Master Bedroom closet then they recommended someone who organized her closet for her. 

I didn't see it in person but she said they went through everything ..one at a time, talked about how it was or was not needed etc. She said it took 4 days of separating and donating. 

She thinks it is the best thing she has ever done. She said it is freeing and  now everything in the closet means something to her and is worn. She also said that she never adds anything to the closet without adding something to a donation bag that she has ready at all times. One in one out...I do try and do that.

I would love to redo my closet and have someone organize it but she said the cost was over $5,000.00 so I don't see that in my future.

Honored Contributor

I have a very large walk in closet in my master but, it was wasted space because of the way it was set up. I had one rod only on each of two walls.

California Closets  came and designed and installed shelves, rods and drawers to make better use of the space.  That was more than 20 years ago. The  design was great, but the product is falling apart.  We have had to go to Home Depot and buy replacement parts over the years.

i would not buy from CC again.  I designed my own closets in the other bedrooms and bought closet organizer units from Home Depot that are better than what I paid a small fortune for from California Closets.

Other than that one time, no one has helped me organize.