Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever used a professional organizer?

[ Edited ]

I’ve never used a professional organizer and don’t feel as though I need one. 

I DO think though that in another life I could have been a professional organizer. But there wasn’t much call for that when I headed to college back in 1973. 

I love organizing things and think I’m really good at it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I have never done it, but would love to have a professional help me organize my closets.  In the rest of my house everything is in perfect order.  My closets are small and stuffed to the brim.  I try to keep the closet in my bedroom in order, but I still have lots of clothes I could get rid of.  I sorted through them last year and need to do it again.

If you do hire one, I would love to hear what they do to help you and how it goes.

@NickNack  Oh, that’s my dream job when I retire. I love cleaning out closets (weird, I know). I often help my friends pare down their clothes and show them how to shop in their closets to make new outfits. Sometimes I’m there for moral support because deep down you know what to get rid of. Just do a title at a time so it’s not so overwhelming. Wish I could help you organize!

Esteemed Contributor

@DREAMON 

Sounds like a wonderful process.

I just had my master walk-in closet done by Closet Factory and I'm quite happy with it.

The price you gave is just slightly higher than I paid.  They were offering a discount around Christmas, so I made the decision to have it done. 

The wire shelving we had used 25 years ago was sticky from aging and some of the plastic parts were breaking.

It was a good investment, but, admittedly, not cheap.  However, since it is the largest closet in my home, I thought it was worth the money.

And, the reason I was thinking about professional organization Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa Y 

You're hired.

When can you get to Maryland?  Cat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Lisa Y 

You're hired.

When can you get to Maryland?  Cat Very Happy

@Witchy Woman  I’m in my car now leaving NJ to clean out your closets!! 👍🏻😆