Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever had dental implants or a bridge?

@qualitygal wrote:

My family members that had bridges, got to a point where the bridges went no further than the drawers they stuck them in.

@qualitygal

Don't understand this.  I have bridges and I can't just willy nilly take them in and out.  If your family members never had them permanently affixed I can understand why you would think ill of them.

I've had bridges, just had a bottom bridge (actually two four-tooth bridges side by side) and do not expect any problems.  I have had upper bridges which lasted 30 years. Just had them replaced less than one year ago. 

Since I am 78, I imagine these will be the last bridges I will ever have.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree, I don't feel ill about them, merely stated how those I know of in my family ended up just putting them in the drawer. To each his own.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@LilacTree, I don't feel ill about them, merely stated how those I know of in my family ended up just putting them in the drawer. To each his own.

@qualitygal

And my only point was they were obviously not having permanent bridges done.  They were just using temporary dentures.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree, oh ok. They called them bridges. I didn't know bridges had to be "installed".

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@LilacTree, oh ok. They called them bridges. I didn't know bridges had to be "installed".

@qualitygal

Where did I say "installed?"

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree, affixed. I'm not arguing with you. I just couldn't remember the word you used. Glad to see you're posting again.