Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone ever had a butterfly land on them?

I'm not talking about when you might visit a butterfly garden or arboretum.

I was sitting outside with my daughter yesterday and a beautiful monarch butterfly landed on my leg and just sat there for a good 5 or 10 minutes. We tried to transfer it (my leg started cramping ! Woman LOL) and it flew away- but then came back and did the same thing again! When it returned the 3rd time it sat on the back of my chair, right by my shoulder. The oddest thing! - but it brought on a peacefulness (if that makes sense).

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever had a butterfly land on them?

Yes.  They say they are loved ones coming for a visit.

Respected Contributor

When I see butterflies, I know it is my sweet dog sending me messages of love - I saw butterflies around him outside before he died.  Makes me feel peaceful also.  My sister sends me dragonflies, especially on her birthday. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Yes.  They say they are loved ones coming for a visit.

It was the 39th anniversary of my Mom's passing on Saturday- the timing of this was ironic! But I guess there are no coincidences in life. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114, Last week one of the hosts on JTV, told about how miserable she was after her mother's passing.  She was very distraught one day, and setting outside.  She did a prayer and said not long after she had a butterfly situation much like you just relayed. She felt it was a message from her mother, and it soothed her. Don't know if you had that going on too, but a number of people think that butterflys are a little messenger to people who need them that someone they loved has left this earth and OK. Just a FYI.

Valued Contributor

Yes! The day after my husband died I asked him, where are you Eddie? and a huge yellow butterfly landed on my left hand. 

He had a tattoo of a yellow butterfly on his left hand. I knew it was him....... 

Honored Contributor

@pugvette74 wrote:

Yes! The day after my husband died I asked him, where are you Eddie? and a huge yellow butterfly landed on my left hand. 

He had a tattoo of a yellow butterfly on his left hand. I knew it was him....... 

wow. That is something!

Honored Contributor

I don't remember a butterfly, but when we are out on our boat parked and relaxing in a common spot I often have dragonflies land on me. I always think its my mom visiting me. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

I, too, believe butterflies are someone saying hello. I have had many experiences like this, even seeing butterflies in cold winter weather when butterflies would not normally be around.

QVC Customer Care