Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever had a butterfly land on them?

I was picnicking with some friends several years ago way up in the mountains when a butterfly landed on Rob's hand.  He sat frozen until it flew away.  He looked up with tears in his eyes.  I said Rob?  He told me that his daughter had died 14 years ago on that date.

Believe or not believe ~ your choice.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monarch butterflies don't have an easy time surviving.

https://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/monarch/sl/2/index.html

Honored Contributor

Yes--several of them did. Went to the butterfly museum in Scottsdale, AZ into a butterfly room where there were hundreds of them doing their butterfly thing. Could be a little creepy but it was pretty cool. Lots of natural habitat for them and even birds in there, but they don't eat the butterflies.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good Friday 2016 was just a couple of days after my DIL had a miscarriage, her second. We were together for the first time that day talking and crying together while watching my Granddaughter play outside.  My DIL said look there is a butterfly on your toe, we both watched for awhile until it flew away.  I remember thinking it was my grandchildren or my Mom giving me a soft kiss to ease my pain.  It helped with the tears that had been coming down just moments before and a few months later when another miscarriage occurred.  I still think of that butterfly even before this thread.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Why are butterflies in a sanctuary more friendly than those found in nature? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

A deeply loved relative died during the first week of April 2014.

She had suffered through a cold, snowy winter, and the day of her death and the day of her funeral were more like winter than spring.

On the Sunday following the funeral, DH and I went out to take a quick ride to nowhere, trying to get a little fresh air and distance from the sorrow.

As we got into the car, a Snow White butterfly came out of nowhere, flew around my front door, and vanished. We both saw it.

It WAS a butterfly, and the weather WAS too cold for a butterfly to be out, and I never saw another in that spring until May.

I believe my loved one was saying "Goodbye" and moving forward into her new life.

I'm not especially fanciful about such things, but I can't deny what I experience in such situations.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why are butterflies in a sanctuary more friendly than those found in nature? 
Could be because they are around more people.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

No not a butterfly but a hummingbird on my finger while swimming, it was AWESOME!