Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever eaten a whole pint of ice cream at once?

@LdyBugz wrote:

I'll plead the fifth on this question.  What I will say is that Ben and Jerry are two very important men in my life.  I will also say that I consider myself the unofficial quality control tester for their pistachio ice cream.  I mean, somebody needs to make sure it's good to the bottom of the carton, right?  Smiley Tongue

@LdyBugz You're doing a good job!!! lol that's how I feel about cookies n cream. After trying a variety of companies, I decided that Edy'sis the best and I'm their taster. 

On on a side note, I've never had pistachios or pistachio ice cream!!! Sounds too healthy. 🍨

Trusted Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

@LdyBugz wrote:

I'll plead the fifth on this question.  What I will say is that Ben and Jerry are two very important men in my life.  I will also say that I consider myself the unofficial quality control tester for their pistachio ice cream.  I mean, somebody needs to make sure it's good to the bottom of the carton, right?  Smiley Tongue

@LdyBugz You're doing a good job!!! lol that's how I feel about cookies n cream. After trying a variety of companies, I decided that Edy'sis the best and I'm their taster. 

On on a side note, I've never had pistachios or pistachio ice cream!!! Sounds too healthy. 🍨

@makeup addict I salute your efforts on the cookies and cream!  You and I have very important jobs you know.  Our country is depending on us, so keep up the good work!  As for never trying pistachio, it's o.k..  I've got it covered.  Smiley Very Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

I like coffee flavor, and chocolate with peanut butter swirls, and mint chocolate chip, and strawberry, and chocolate chip cookie dough, and superman, and bubble gum and chocolate.

But other than those flavors, no, I don't think I could eat a whole pint.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I definitely have. Not at all frequently, but it has happened. Haagen Dazs Vanilla Chip.  Usually in place of "dinner", i.e. I didn't eat a full meal and a whole pint in one sitting.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

That's a drop in the bucket for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't know that I've ever eaten a pint but my first job was at Baskin Robbins and eventually the elderly couple who owned the store, left me in charge most of the time. In the winter there were not many customers so I would do homework (was 15) , "sing like no one was listeningSmiley Happy" and take one of the pink plastic spoons and try each of the 32 flavors!Woman LOL

No one makes pistachio like Baskin Robbins btw-toasted crispy almonds and sweet pistachio ice cream!

I also liked Rocky Road and Nutty Coconut.

One time I couldn't stop eating the pralines in the pralines and cream!

A man came in and wanted to order it. He said "what happened to all the pralines?! lol! Oh my. I said "oh, I don't know!" I am sorry to say I felt no shame.

I used to have a milk shake and sometimes a sunday for dessert before I left for home.So I expect that may add up more than a pint for sure! and felt a tad queasy afterwardsWoman Embarassed

When my mother had dinner, I tried to eat but so many times would say I'm just not too hungry. I don't know if she ever suspected or if I ever told her.

It was a great first job and the couple were so sweet. They also taught me how to make all the beautiful ice cream cakes. My arm did get sore though-that ice cream was really hard.

Oh also baseball nut is really good! Oh somebody stop me!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

In my case, it's non-dairy frozen dessert . . . but the fact remains I ate a whole pint in one sitting!!

Holy cow!! 

LOL.... are you kidding??  In my heyday BD (before Diabetes, or maybe the cause of my diabetes).... yes, yes I could.  No prob.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

I like coffee flavor, and chocolate with peanut butter swirls, and mint chocolate chip, and strawberry, and chocolate chip cookie dough, and superman, and bubble gum and chocolate.

But other than those flavors, no, I don't think I could eat a whole pint.

@mistriTsquirrel-

lol! this sounds like me-like- "oh no I don't believe I have", then I start listing the ones I've liked and the list keeps getting longer.Woman LOL I always liked cake best and my sister liked ice cream. The older I got the more I liked it and now I just like it once in awhile instead of keeping it in the freezer all the time.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

In my case, it's non-dairy frozen dessert . . . but the fact remains I ate a whole pint in one sitting!!

Holy cow!! 

Yes and no regerts! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@kivah wrote:

When I was young in Brooklyn (a long time ago, I would go to the corner luncheonette and buy a pint of ice cream (hand-packed) - and this was for 5 of us. Can't imagine how we did that. I don't eat a pint now but yes - I could easily do that.

@kivah

This "pint" says it's four 1/2 cup servings.  That's like two tablespoons per serving!  I've always eaten about a half a pint.

I'm feeling it already . . . ugh!  To my bed and the heating pad!!! 

Don't you just love how they consider a pint to be 4 servings??!! Maybe for a baby, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~