Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone else heard that the royal baby will be a girl?

Why would the royal couple reveal their name choice months before the birth?

Can you imagine the shock if they said it was a girl named Diana and it turned out to be a boy named Charles?

Respected Contributor

The UK hasn't followed Salic Law for centuries. So it really wouldn't matter if the spare was female. In fact, it wouldn't have mattered had the heir been female. That's how, after all, Elizabeth II became queen: no brothers.

And also regardless of gender is the fact the child's name will need the Queen's approval.

Super Contributor

Wink I think that they absolutely know what the s#x of the baby is. I think they knew with Prince George too! They kept saying they didn't, but shortly before the birth, Kate was spotted and photographed with her mother coming out of a baby boutique and the sales staff reported that she bought blue nursery bedding and accessories. She knew then it was a boy.

With this second pregnancy, if you remember, there were some fuzzy paparazzi pics of them coming out of her O b/gyn's office one night when she was in her first trimester and she was carrying some ultrasound pics and smiling and seemed very happy. I think they found out then she was having a girl. I think it is fitting and wonderful if they name the baby after Diana and the Queen.