Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone else heard that the royal baby will be a girl?

On 2/4/2015 september said: Um...I kind of got thrown off track about the thread topic when I saw the photo of Bill Clinton with Liz Hurley! And Hillary is just crazy about it! tabloids!

I always laugh when I see the covers of these tabloids.

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 SydneyH said:

Uggh, that means we will be forced to hear of yet another attempt at a spare, sadly.....

If it's a girl, it will still be a spare . . . they have done away with only sons allowed in the lineup.

I don't think Kate should have any more children. She gets too severely ill.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

That would be sweet if they named her Diana.

Boy or girl, healthy baby no matter which.

Contributor

I think the Diana name is just a rumor at this point. When Kate was pregnant with George the tabloids were claiming so many other names.

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Plaid Pants said:

This second child is the "spare".

Oh, apologies, I thought it was imperative that another male be produced.

Super Contributor

I hadn't heard that, but I hope it's true. One of each would be nice. Not sure why some think it had to be a male. There's a female monarch now, and her namesake is arguably the strongest monarch England has known, plus she was a single woman. She was the true iron maiden, not the French guillotine.

Respected Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Ford1224 said:
On 2/4/2015 SydneyH said:

Uggh, that means we will be forced to hear of yet another attempt at a spare, sadly.....

If it's a girl, it will still be a spare . . . they have done away with only sons allowed in the lineup.

I don't think Kate should have any more children. She gets too severely ill.

Both males and females were always in the line of succession. The difference used to be that the males had priority with females after them, regardless of birth order.

Now, succession goes only by birth order. Females no longer are put at the end of the line of succession.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 colliemom3 said:
On 2/4/2015 brii said: If they do have a girl, I doubt they will name her Diana. I just don't think so

I don't either. That may be her middle name or one of her names but not her primary name.

I agree.

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Clover29 said:

I don't think they'll call a baby girl Diana (for a first name) either. I'm going with Alexandra, because Alexander wasn't used as one of George's names, and I think they were saving it for a girl.

Yes it was. It's either George Louis Alexander, or George Alexander Louis. I can't remember which.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Adding: It's the latter; I googled.

Respected Contributor

My money is on ""Charlotte.""
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )