Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone been to Cuba ?

I think it's highly unlikely that a cure for cancer will come from Cuba.

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@HappilyEverAfter wrote:

Cuba may hold the key to a cure for lung and prostate cancer. They have developed vaccines and other drugs that need to be shared with our researchers. 

I will skip the food, the music and the warmth of the people. All that can be found in many if not all countries around the world.  Hopefully Americans won't "Americanize" it so much and turn it into a cheesy, sleazy vacation place.

Logic and facts.  Some people won't appreciate that, but I thank you.

@Noel7- I respectfully appreciate your opinion but there is a lot of work before reading and validating a cure.  It is not logic without proof 

I already said that, @Stray

You and others weren't even interested.  That was the missing logic.

Super Contributor

LOL!

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Have no intention of spending my money in a communist country.

There are many beautiful places with wonderful people all over the world.  In my opinion much better options are avaiable.

Well, you should probably follow through on that statement, and cancel your QVC account, then take a hammer to your phone/tablet/laptop/PC/or whatever device you're currently reading this on.  Most of what is sold on QVC is made in China, as well as most electornics sold anywhere in our country.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

There are many beautiful places with wonderful people all over the world.  In my opinion much better options are avaiable.

Well, you should probably follow through on that statement, and cancel your QVC account, then take a hammer to your phone/tablet/laptop/PC/or whatever device you're currently reading this on.  Most of what is sold on QVC is made in China, as well as most electornics sold anywhere in our country.  

Well since I did not actually travel there to make the purchase to spend my money IN that country my statement still stands.  The discussion is about traveling not products made.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Well since I did not actually travel there to make the purchase to spend my money IN that country my statement still stands.  The discussion is about traveling not products made.

You're right.  That makes it totally okay.

Esteemed Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

You're right.  That makes it totally okay.

yes it does

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It's not just about traveling there, and I agree with Razor.  Buying things made in China IS supporting them, no matter how you twist it.

IF you are so committed to not supporting them, that is where you need to start.

Respected Contributor

My husband worked for an international hotel chain and visited Cuba about 10 years ago.  He said it was interesting.  The island was trapped in a time warp and the poverty was overwhelming.

We have Canadian friends that vacationed there numerous times.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I satellite map tripped all the way through Cuba from my area.  It's thrilling!