Trusted Contributor

Has a Celebrity's Revelation abt his/her Personal Life Impact You?

Has a celebrity revealing something about his/her sexuality, childhood, past abuse, depression, etc impact you positively on any way? Nothing comes to my mind; reading about historical figures has affected but it isn't quite the same thing. The reason I ask this is because I feel like sometimes we live on a society that overshares and some justify it by saying that if it helps just one person, it is okay.
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has a Celebrity's Revelation abt his/her Personal Life Impact You?

My life does not revolve what a celebrity says or does. I don't hang on their every word, and don't give a flip about what they do, as long as it isn't illegal.

Esteemed Contributor

No. but sometimes what they do/believe leaves a negative impression on me and makes me feel differently towards them.  Still doesn't really impact MY life, though.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

No. but sometimes what they do/believe leaves a negative impression on me and makes me feel differently towards them.  Still doesn't really impact MY life, though.

I agree.

Super Contributor

I think that Betty Ford's revelations about her struggles with alcohol and her breast cancer fight were very helpful to a lot of people, it brought things into the open.

Valued Contributor

What Citrine said...

Respected Contributor

So vapid i.e. this years stars and the Oscar boycott thing.....so many other important things that need attention in the world now!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only way it might affect me is negatively, i.e. if someone I like is vocal (so that the general public knows about it) about supporting something or someone I greatly dislike, or if they are vocally anti- of something I feel very strongly positive about, I usually lose what interest I have in them. There are very few (count on one hand) people I admire so much that it wouldn't matter either way.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

So vapid i.e. this years stars and the Oscar boycott thing.....so many other important things that need attention in the world now!

I am not interested in the Oscar boycott, but it always bothers me when people respond to something they don't like by saying there are so many other important things to be concerned about.   It bothers me only because it is possible to be concerned and involved with more than one thing at a time.  Just because someone feels strongly about the lack of diversity in the Oscar nominations doesn't mean they don't also care deeply about other world/US issues.  The beauty of this country is that they have the right to protest and boycott the Oscars.  

Respected Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

I am not interested in the Oscar boycott, but it always bothers me when people respond to something they don't like by saying there are so many other important things to be concerned about.   It bothers me only because it is possible to be concerned and involved with more than one thing at a time.  Just because someone feels strongly about the lack of diversity in the Oscar nominations doesn't mean they don't also care deeply about other world/US issues.  The beauty of this country is that they have the right to protest and boycott the Oscars.  

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you! But, for example, it was far easier for me to buy into Cher helping out Flint, Michigan with water than the stars worrying about their awards to themselves. It might be easier to accept if they weren't making millions.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield