Honored Contributor

Has Zulily Shipping Changed?

I just ordered two small Halloween items for my daughter, the first one registered the old usual $5.95, I added a small wooden figurine and the shipping jumped to a total of $7.95.

When did that happen?  It used to be a flat $5.95 for a day's shopping.

@Kachina624should know.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Zulily Shipping Changed?

@Noel7 wrote:

I just ordered two small Halloween items for my daughter, the first one registered the old usual $5.95, I added a small wooden figurine and the shipping jumped to a total of $7.95.

@Kachina624should know.

@Noel7  It has always been $7.95, unless ordering a small item first, then it could be $5.95, but that doesn't happen much anymore, and tax is added, so everything is more expensive this year than last.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Kachina624should know.

@Noel7  It has always been $7.95, unless ordering a small item first, then it could be $5.95, but that doesn't happen much anymore, and tax is added, so everything is more expensive this year than last.

@mousiegirl

Thank you for the update!  I haven't ordered from them in awhile so I didn't know.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I order more than one item from Zulily, I order the smallest item first and usually get shipping for $5.95.  I check out and pay.

Then, I go back and order the other items to get free shipping.  I figured out a long ago that when you order multiple items any at once, the initial shipping fee is higher than

$5.95.

Added:

i just checked to be sure.  I put a heavy 20 piece dinnerware set in my basket and the shipping was only $5.95.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

When I order more than one item from Zulily, I order the smallest item first and usually get shipping for $5.95.  I check out and pay.

Then, I go back and order the other items to get free shipping.  I figured out a long ago that when you order multiple items any at once, the initial shipping fee is higher than

$5.95.

Added:

i just checked to be sure.  I put a heavy 20 piece dinnerware set in my basket and the shipping was only $5.95.

@Carmie  Did you check to see that once you began to pay it stayed the same price?  This used to happen all the time last year, but only rarely now, unless it has reverted.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

$5.95.

Added:

@Carmie, you brilliant shopper!  Thank you for sharing your trick.  I'd forgotten you didn't have to put all your items in the same basket.  IMO, adding the extra charge is cheesy.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

$5.95.

Added:

@Carmie  Did you check to see that once you began to pay it stayed the same price?  This used to happen all the time last year, but only rarely now, unless it has reverted.

I buy from the Zulily site quite often.  Most of everything I buy has $ 5.95 for shippping one item,  if I add other items it seems to charge $2 for each item added,

I figured out to just buy one item and check out.  After I do that, everything else ships for free, even heavy items.

I haven't purchased or even tried to purchase two items on the first order in forever.

Honored Contributor

I think they've raised their rates in a sneaky fashion.  One small item may be $5.95 but add something else and the price goes up.  I've ordered shoes lately and they were $6.95.  I noticed that there's now a disclaimer saying that normal shipping doesn't apply to heavy furniture items.  I found that I was being charged full shipping for every item when I used their app.  They couldn't seem to comprehend what I was talking about when I called.  I finally deleted the app, deleted the orders and re-entered the items not using the app.  Fixed it myself. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They don't list any dollar amounts on their policy.

Free Shipping Details

When you place an order with paid shipping, it opens a window of free shipping on additional orders for the rest of the day. Once you've paid that first shipping charge, we'll try to consolidate subsequent purchases into a single shipment, and we'll give you free Economy delivery for all items ordered by 11:59pm pt that same day. 

Here's how we're able to provide you with free shipping. When you order multiple items or place multiple orders during your free shipping window, we try to consolidate your items into a single shipment. This means we’ll wait until the last item arrives at our warehouse to send out your entire shipment. If items have different ship-out dates, the estimated ship-out date for all of your items will match that of the item with the latest estimated ship-out date. It's one of the key ways we're able to offer you such great deals. 

Of course, we have a few exceptions and legal details to cover.

• All orders must be made with the same zulily account and shipped to the same address.
  • Items that are heavy or bulky (strollers, furniture, rugs, etc.) may incur additional surcharges. You'll see those when you check out.
  • Some items are excluded from free shipping. We’ll let you know on the product details pages or at checkout.
  • This offer applies to orders shipped to addresses in the US only (including APO/FPO/DPO addresses). Shipments to Hawaii or Alaska may incur additional shipping charges.
  • From time to time, we may run promotional offers on our shipping prices. Selection for inclusion into a promotional offer is in our sole discretion. The nature of any promotional shipping offer, including but not limited to the amount and length of the offer, is also in our sole discretion.
  • Other exclusions may apply.
  • During holidays, please check the order confirmation page to find out when your free shipping window closes, as your free shipping window may be open slightly longer.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment