Honored Contributor

Has Paypal Changed the Way they Refund?

I wasn't sure where to post this.

I make many purchases via Paypal, including all my Q purchases.  Regular Paypal, not Paypal credit.  In the past, if I have made a return, my PP account has always been credited.  I would get an e-mail from Paypal that I had money in my account and I would then have to request that the money be transferred to my bank account or I had the option of leaving it in PP and allowing it to be used on a next purchase.

I recently returned something to QVC and was refunded the money.  The money shows as a refund in my transactions however, I have not rec'd an e-mail from PP nore is it giving me the option to withdraw the money and transfer it to my bank account.  I have also had payments made from my PP account and this refund was not used.

I cannot seem to find anything on PP's website but I'm wondering how I claim my refund now.  Are they automatically going to transfer that money at some point?    

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Paypal Changed the Way they Refund?

@Lipstickdiva 

It used to be that way a year or so ago, most recenlty every Paypal refund I have made has gone directly into my account 

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I wasn't sure where to post this.

I make many purchases via Paypal, including all my Q purchases.  Regular Paypal, not Paypal credit.  In the past, if I have made a return, my PP account has always been credited.  I would get an e-mail from Paypal that I had money in my account and I would then have to request that the money be transferred to my bank account or I had the option of leaving it in PP and allowing it to be used on a next purchase.

I recently returned something to QVC and was refunded the money.  The money shows as a refund in my transactions however, I have not rec'd an e-mail from PP nore is it giving me the option to withdraw the money and transfer it to my bank account.  I have also had payments made from my PP account and this refund was not used.

I cannot seem to find anything on PP's website but I'm wondering how I claim my refund now.  Are they automatically going to transfer that money at some point?    

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva.  Why don't you call their CS and ask?  I do know there's a place where you check to give blanket permission to automatically use funds in your account for purchases.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624, I think the page only half loaded for me because I couldn't find a contact us icon.

But in doing more research on their site, it appears that any refunds will be autoswept to your original method of payment.  So in my case, mine will be swept back to my bank account. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva.  That's a good thing.  It's what I'd prefer they do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Kachina624, I think the page only half loaded for me because I couldn't find a contact us icon.

But in doing more research on their site, it appears that any refunds will be autoswept to your original method of payment.  So in my case, mine will be swept back to my bank account. 

---

Yes, this is what has been done with my Paypal account. I fund my Paypal account with a low-balance credit card, and any refunds show up as credited back to the card. I get an "alert" text when the refund is posted.

Honored Contributor

I checked my bank account this morning and the refund was there.  I really like this new method.