Respected Contributor

Re: Has Cakers Been Around? dooBdoo?

I Hope they are both well and we'll see them soon.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I haven't seen Cakers for a long time, I hope she isn't down with the flu.

dooBdoo, also.  I hope she's OK, the last I heard, she wasn't feeling well.

Yes, it has been quite a while since either of them have been on here.  

Fortunately I have dBd's e-mail addy, so will get one off to her today.  The last I heard from her was that she just wanted to get to her bed on her soft pillow in the dark.  She really suffers a lot with migraines......  They play havoc on her.  If I hear anything back from her, will let you know.  

Another one that hasn't been on here for a very long time is croemer.  Miss her too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes..... a lot of the "oldies but goodies" are missing and I do miss them.  I hate to mention names for fear of leaving anyone out.  I am sure they have their reasons.  I think some of them may go where there can be more discussion.  That is understandable for sure.  I wish them all well and enjoy their posts whenever they can get here.  God bless them all.

Honored Contributor

Was so happy when I went to check my e-mails a little earlier......saw where dBd replied to my e-mail to her.  She did a joint e-mail for Mick and myself.....that was ok with us......at least we heard from her.

She has been having to work through some issues and that is why she hasn't been on here.  She said she will return, but it may be a while.  

Please.....let's all remember this very special person in our prayers.  

Honored Contributor

Hi @ShowMe     It’s good to know she is ok and will be coming back.  Thank you so much for contacting her and letting us know.

I hope you are doing well Heart

Honored Contributor

Yes, @dooBdoo is special!  She has tact and the patience of Job!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Hi @ShowMe     It’s good to know she is ok and will be coming back.  Thank you so much for contacting her and letting us know.

Thanks Noel....  you're welcome....  any time.  

As far as I'm concerned.....could be better, but that goes with the territory.  Have been dealing with my cancer stuff again, and waiting for results from the lab to see if I have an infection again.....they can't treat it until they know what they are treating...

Have been battling this now for over 3 years.....and the fall didn't help things either.  Still have some pain from the fall, but have been able to not be taking near the amount of killers for that.  

Have lost quite a bit of weight, and they don't want me to do that.  Just have a hard time wanting to eat......  I do drink 3 bottles of Boost every day......1 of each of the 3 flavors.......

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Thanks Noel....  you're welcome....  any time.  

As far as I'm concerned.....could be better, but that goes with the territory.  Have been dealing with my cancer stuff again, and waiting for results from the lab to see if I have an infection again.....they can't treat it until they know what they are treating...

Have been battling this now for over 3 years.....and the fall didn't help things either.  Still have some pain from the fall, but have been able to not be taking near the amount of killers for that.  

Have lost quite a bit of weight, and they don't want me to do that.  Just have a hard time wanting to eat......  I do drink 3 bottles of Boost every day......1 of each of the 3 flavors.......

@ShowMe

I know, you have been battling it for so long.  I’m so sorry you have an infection now.

I didn’t know you had a fall, too.  I hope you weren’t seriously injured.  Falls are really scary, at least they are to me.

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe

I know, you have been battling it for so long.  I’m so sorry you have an infection now.

I didn’t know you had a fall, too.  I hope you weren’t seriously injured.  Falls are really scary, at least they are to me.

@Noel7.......Yes, I had a fall the next morning following a staged biopsy....  that happened back in September.  Ended up in the ER, then the hospital for 6 days, and from there in rehab for about 10 days, with followup in home rehab.  It was pretty nasty.....fractured my T11.....  Believe me, that was very painful.  Thank God there are walkers out there for us to use to get around.  While in the hospital they also treated my infection with very potent antibiotics (IV) and continued the antibiotic pills while in the rehab facility.
Those of us that are on any kind of cancer treatment are very susceptible to getting infections.....
It has been pretty rough going for a while now.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@Noel7, I haven’t seen @dooBdoo in quite awhile. 🙁

Funny ... I was just thinking the same thing yesterday.   Hope she's okay.