Honored Contributor

Re: Has Cakers Been Around? dooBdoo?

@ShowMe@Noel7@SoX

I am praying for @dooBdoo.

So sorry for her having “trials and tribulations.

Hope she is free to come back soon...I miss her!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@ShowMe

I had a fall in September, also!  DH was ill and dizzy, I went to his side to steady him and he collapsed on me... he's a foot taller than I am.  He was OK, I hit my head, concussion, tore up quite a bit of my right arm on the coffee table, and my right leg was badly hurt.  I made him lay still on the floor and I managed to use one hip to crawl for the phone and 911.  Very gory, I left a blood trail, LOL.

We had two ambulances, one for each, and were whisked off to the ER.  I stayed two days, DH went home that night.  Thank goodness for the walker!  My leg isn't healing well, especially the knee, but at least I get around better now than I did at first.

Praying for you @ShowMe  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@Noel7, I haven’t seen @dooBdoo in quite awhile. 🙁

Funny ... I was just thinking the same thing yesterday.   Hope she's okay.

@SoX

Hi @SoX  I haven't seen YOU in awhile Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@ShowMe

I had a fall in September, also!  DH was ill and dizzy, I went to his side to steady him and he collapsed on me... he's a foot taller than I am.  He was OK, I hit my head, concussion, tore up quite a bit of my right arm on the coffee table, and my right leg was badly hurt.  I made him lay still on the floor and I managed to use one hip to crawl for the phone and 911.  Very gory, I left a blood trail, LOL.

We had two ambulances, one for each, and were whisked off to the ER.  I stayed two days, DH went home that night.  Thank goodness for the walker!  My leg isn't healing well, especially the knee, but at least I get around better now than I did at first.

Oh my.....sorry to read this.  I too am so scared of falling.....  That having to crawl to get to a place where we can call for help is awful.  I too had to crawl to the bathroom sink to get myself up.  Once I was up and knew I could walk, I just kept going.  For 2 days until I couldn't stand the pain any longer....then went to the ER via ambulance.  After a cat scan, was admitted, then drugged up for the rest of the time in the hospital.  

Well, we are both at least at home safe and sound now.  And yes, thank goodness for the walkers.  I only use mine now when I go out....and what a chore that is.....  That in itself wears me out.  Have a good distance to go before I can get to my car....  Plus if we get snow, I am stuck at home.

Have started getting my groceries delivered to me via shopping on line from the store I normally shopped at  .....one less thing I have to do.  It is great.  Seems like I only drive now to go to doctors and to get my treatment.  

Will keep you and your DH in my prayers also.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@ShowMe

Oh my.....sorry to read this.  I too am so scared of falling.....  That having to crawl to get to a place where we can call for help is awful.  I too had to crawl to the bathroom sink to get myself up.  Once I was up and knew I could walk, I just kept going.  For 2 days until I couldn't stand the pain any longer....then went to the ER via ambulance.  After a cat scan, was admitted, then drugged up for the rest of the time in the hospital.  

Well, we are both at least at home safe and sound now.  And yes, thank goodness for the walkers.  I only use mine now when I go out....and what a chore that is.....  That in itself wears me out.  Have a good distance to go before I can get to my car....  Plus if we get snow, I am stuck at home.

Have started getting my groceries delivered to me via shopping on line from the store I normally shopped at  .....one less thing I have to do.  It is great.  Seems like I only drive now to go to doctors and to get my treatment.  

Will keep you and your DH in my prayers also.  

Thank you @ShowMe  Smiley Happy   DH is 6'1". not overweight, but when he fell on top of me, it was like a ton of bricks.  I was so worried about him, I told him to be still and I would roll out from under him to get help.  Neither one of us knew how bad I was hurt at that time.  The fire department and paramedics came right away but I had a heck of a time getting to the door and reaching the door knob.  They were going to try coming in a window, I kept yelling I could make it to the door.  Dang.  It was awful, but we made it Smiley Happy 

I love the walker when I need it.  My daughter "tricked it out" for me.  Presented it to me with hot pink squishy hand holds and a large hot pink carrying bag on the side.  At first I didn't want to use the walker, but wow, it's such a help when we are injured.

You were very brave, my friend, and I am so glad you went to the hospital for treatment.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@SoX

Hi @Noel7  ...  Yeah, I'm just around less often ... been having a few health issues, but am on the mend (soon).

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@SoX

Hi @Noel7  ...  Yeah, I'm just around less often ... been having a few health issues, but am on the mend (soon).

@SoX

I'm sorry to hear that. I sure hope you get well soon!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@SoX

@SoX  I hope you feel like yourself soon. Good to see you here. Smiley Happy 

Hi @Noel7 Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

My goodness Ladies, I’m so sorry to hear that so many of you have had such a difficult winter! I always feel as though when times are tough, winter weather makes them tougher.

Hoping that once we get a breath or two of Spring you’ll all start to feel like your old selves again!