Honored Contributor

Re: Has Applebee's filed for bankruptcy?

[ Edited ]

There is an Applebees within 2 minutes of my house.  When DH and I are in a real hurry, we may order takeout from there.  Sometimes it is excellant and other times not so much.  I will see that it is almost always crowded, especially on weekend nights when people sit at the bar. 

That aside, anytime we get a gift card for a restaurant, we use it immediately because so many restaurants seem to close quickly.  

Looke at Bar Louie.  All of a sudden, without warning, a number of them recently closed.    

Respected Contributor

We have an Applebee's gift card that is over 2 years old. I have no desire to eat there. I should donate it or just order takeout or something. Sit down chain restaurants are very unappealing to me now.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

We have an Applebee's gift card that is over 2 years old. I have no desire to eat there. I should donate it or just order takeout or something. Sit down chain restaurants are very unappealing to me now.

@JJsMom, there is a website that you can turn your gift card in and get a reduced cash amount for it.  

Contributor

My Sister in Law, Brother in law and Nephew LOVE Applebee's.  One year they gave me a gift card for the holiday's. I guess I must have not hid my distain for the gift and as my Sister in law asked me if I liked it.  I said, "Was I that obvious?" (was not trying to be rude). 

I told them a laundry list of reasons why I disliked the place. Which I am not going to bore anyone with. 

I did get sick there once.   

Funny thing is that that when I did use the Gift Card (felt bad regifting it) it was the ONLY good experience I had at my local Applebee's (only because the waitress we knew from another resturant that had closed and she worked there now (or at least when we went in that day to eat)).

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

@JJsMom, there is a website that you can turn your gift card in and get a reduced cash amount for it.  

Thanks. I may look into that or regift it.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I have a decent stack of gift cards I received in payment for some work I did.  Do I have to rush to use them up?  No local news on this one.

No idea. They don't need to file for bankruptcy to close individual restaurants that aren't doing well, so if you visit and see no one else there, you may want to take that into account.