Respected Contributor

Re: Has Applebee's filed for bankruptcy?

@depglass My favorite "why-not-to-eat-at-Applebee's" experience.  Wanted a burger, medium.  Waitress says we only serve them pink or not pink.  I looked at her incredulously.  She repeated, we only serve them pink or not pink.  Ordered pink and didn't go back for months.  Went back to give them a second try. Ordered something else (can't remember what) and service was abysmally slow.  End of my story with that place.

Respected Contributor

applebees is one of the restaurants in the area that i refuse to go to anymore.

my last time there, the service was horrendous, clearly not enough wait staff, and my salad i ordered, was very small with like 3 shrimp on it. horrid. 

management has a lot to do with each location.

Super Contributor

I haven't been to Applebee's in awhile either due to slow/poor service and so-so food. The last time we attempted to go to one the restuarant was nearly empty but we were told there was a wait for tables. Been my experience (at other places too) that if there are empty tables but you have to wait to be seated...walk out and go elsewhere. I do think there are some good chains...the Chili's here has good service, good food and lots of deals. Red Robin is also usually quite good.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@AuntG, the food and service was really bad! Seems like these places can not find good workers. Burger King food was unedible, remember that?

====

True , but I ate it @RetRN . I just wasn't aware coffee and Whoppers were part of their cold food menu.😞

Valued Contributor

Isn't it a shame when restaurants that lots of people enjoyed, that had affordable prices, just can't seem to make a go of it these days?

Some Applebees are better than others.  Like all chains, I guess.  It depends on the workers and especially management.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We only had a few Applebee’s in our area and only one is still open. We went once and the experience was so bad, we never went back. Food was average, but the service was terrible and the manager was rude; a real nutcase.

Honored Contributor

The best restaurants in our area are the ones that are privately owned and not part of a franchise.  The food is hot and tasty, the wait staff are well trained and dependable and the prices are fair. 

DH and I ate at Applebees tonight and were surprised that we did not have to wait at all.  There were a lot of empty tables at about 7:00.  We had 2 for $22 meals with one free drink and our waiter was excellent.  The food was good but seemed to be a smaller portion than usual.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I know the Applebee's by me has really gone down..Last time I went, the food was bad and the service was horrific.........My husband said the carpeting smelled like fried foods, and the blinds were dirty with grease stains......

It's too bad, years ago they had great food, and good prices.........I also have noticed that our once super busy Applebee's is never that busy or crowded anymore......  

Esteemed Contributor

We have not eaten there in years, and there is a reason for that.  The last time that we did, we used one of those local discount cards that groups sometimes sell to make money.  Applebee's was one of the participants.

Well, we gave it to the waitress, but she did not give it back.  We did not realize that until the next day.

I don't think I had the receipt because someone else paid.  But, there was a "guest" manager that night, that no one I talked to seemed to know who it was.  I described the waitress in detail, but they could not pinpoint who it was.  It was just a bit frustrating.  We never got the card back and we never ate there again.  The food was not that good anyway.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I have not heard this. I wouldn't be surprised though. The food is awful!