Honored Contributor

Has Anyone Used "Zero rez" For Carpet Cleaning Please?

[ Edited ]

The name stands for "Zero Residue".

This company is supposed to dry more quickly and get up stains.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Used "Zero res" For Carpet Cleaning Please?

I never heard of this company. They must not be in my area.

I have a really great carpet machine  and I clean my own carpets.  I have never been happy with the "professional" carpet cleaning people. They are in and out so fast.

I never have any stains because I can clean up any messes right away.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

I wish I could see the stains when they happen.  With the 8 and 14 old GS here for occasional weekends, as well as me doing all holidays and celebrations plus off white carpet (I'm in the middle of trees and need the lightness) it's almost impossible to keep up.

Honored Contributor

I have off white carpets too.  I raised three kids and three grandkids with them. I have been replacing the carpets with hardwoods.  My off white bedroom carpet has been there since 1988.  I am ready to change it out.  It.'s not dirty looking, but it is old.

I know what you mean about grandkids though.  Amy grandson spilled a full juice box in the third row seat area of my new van with less than 2000 miles on it. He never said a word about it. I never go back there and probably wouldn't have noticed, but the juice ran into the hatch area and I saw it when I took some things out.  It was down behind the seat and all over the carpet in the sitting area and the hatch area.

What a job that was.  I did get it all out and he got an earful.  He is old enough to know better (12).

I used " Shock It" available at HSN.  That stuff is great on carpets.  I didn't like it for other things though.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG They have been widely promoted on radio here in WA state.

I do know someone who called them once for an estimate and they refused until she gave them the square footage of the house! Really? who has that at hand when calling for an estimate?

She went with another company who came out in person and gave an estimate.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Used "Zero rez" For Carpet Cleaning Please?

@ECBG I have heard the commercials for them here in NoVA but never used them.  I have a Kirby and a Bissell.  Have always done my own carpets.   Even though their rating is a 4.9 (I always start at the lowest star reviews) there are some 1 stars.  Not sure where those people were located since that would determine the team you get sent to your house.  From some of the comments they do appear to be pricey.   

Respected Contributor

I had them come out last May.  It depends on what kind of stains you have to get out.

My friend used them a couple of times and she was very happy with the results.  That's why I called them.  My experience was not so great.  I had a couple of areas in my off white carpet that my dog peed on.  She'd sneak off when I wasn't looking, little snot.  So I wanted those areas cleaned.  I understood that all the stain may not be gone, but......

what the guy did was flood the area with some chemical that spread way out from the original stain and turn all my carpet a bright yellow.  Then he sucked up the chemical and didn't go over it with water.  I was mortified.  A couple of days later I got out my own carpet cleaner and went over the area several times to suck up the yellow.  I had them clean 3.5  rooms and 2 stairwells and it cost $500.  I was extremely unhappy and gave them a bad review.  The manager called me back and offered to come out again.  Another guy did and tried to defend the first guy.  I had the second guy go over everything again with just plain water.  That worked, but a huge inconvenience.  And no, it didn't dry fast.  I had to keep a floor fan going 24/7 for a couple of days.

I'll rent a machine and do it myself from now on.

Honored Contributor

what's the best carpet cleaning machine ?

I'd never have animals in the house and have no kids either.

Walmart has a Hoover for close to 200 wonder if that's good.

I don't want to have to hide stuff from strangers, etc.

Honored Contributor

I have a Big Green Bissel carpet machine.  I Love it!  It wasn't cheap, but it works.  I have had many carpet cleaners before, but this one blows the other ones out of the water.

Lowes and Home Depot often rent this machine to rent out, so if you didn't want to invest in one, perhaps a rental would work.

My kids  borrow mine to use in their home and their in-law have borrowed it too.  It was really worth the price.

6A4313DE-D510-42D9-B9F8-8FB74312F421.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@ECBG They have been widely promoted on radio here in WA state.

I do know someone who called them once for an estimate and they refused until she gave them the square footage of the house! Really? who has that at hand when calling for an estimate?

She went with another company who came out in person and gave an estimate.

@Love my grandkids 

She may have remembered the house's sq. footage from buying carpet.