Valued Contributor

Has Anyone Tried Junior's Italian..?

Has anyone tried Junior's Italian Cream Layer Cake (Item # M66441)? The reviews are really mixed- they seem to either love it or hate it- but the ingredient list looks good. I am thinking of serving it at Christmas, but am wondering if any of you have first hand experience with it. You all tell it like it is, and I really appreciate that!!  lol

Respected Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Tried Junior's Italian..?

@furbabylover   I have not had that particular cakke from Junior's but have had three different cheesecakes from them and the chocolate one--or very similar--from them last Christmas,  I have never had anything from Junior's that I was unhappy with.

So if you like the flavor profile of the pecans and coconut--go for it.  I think the price is excellent for 4.5 pounds of cake

considering ingredients, its labor intensity, and shipping.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Valued Contributor

I agree with @aroc3435 @that it does seem like a great value. I haven't had either of the 2 cakes featured, but I have had various Juniors cheesecakes. I've always been pleased with the quality. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@aroc3435  Thank you for the input. I think I will go for it!

Valued Contributor

@Mellyg You are right- it is a good value considering the ingredients and the size. Thanks!!

Respected Contributor

Sam's Club has an unbelievably delicious Italian cream layer cake...

Honored Contributor

And Costco has a huge --and cheap-- cheesecake which I've taken to many pot lucks with great success.
Valued Contributor

@furbabylover 

I have had a couple of different Juniors cheesecakes and they were very good.

Have you ever made Valerie Bertenellis Italian Love Cake? I know you said you were looking to purchase a cake, but I have made this a few times and can not believe how delicious it was (I made the chocolate version). She has several different flavors of the cake. I brought it to work, and people were almost fighting over it. I even had one ask if he could take a piece or two home. I told him he could cuz he is single and isn't into baking or cooking much.

cookin

Valued Contributor

@cookinfreak  Thanks for the tip!! I am going to look up her recipe right now.

Valued Contributor

I chuckle when I hear rave reviews about Sams baked goods, because they are loved.......

I have a family member that hosts a holiday every year. We always ask what to bring and every year it's a Sams club cheesecake. A few years ago, we couldn't find one (we waited too long). I was going to make one (thinking that I can surely meet Sams quality). We ended up getting one sent to us as a gift from a high end bake shop; we brought that (thinking everyone would love it). Everyone preferred the Sams cheesecake as opposed to the one we brought. We still laugh that we took a $95 cheesecake and Sams was better.