Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Ordered From Vermont Country Store?

I like Vermont Country Store.  As others have mentioned, they have those hard-to-find items.  Years ago I could not find a 100% cotton slip but Vermont Country Store had them.  I’ve ordered some of the old fashioned candy that doesn’t seem available at other places. More recently I’ve been ordering chair cushions from them.  I’ve always been pleased.

Respected Contributor

They have great quality and wonderful CS. 

Honored Contributor

I just ordered for the first time and received a beautiful robe from Eileen West. They sell 100 percent cotton robes and gowns and since that is my preference, I will continue to order from them. BTW, shipping was free that day for any order over fifty dollars. They also sent me a coupon for free shipping in the box.

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

VCS if the only place where I can find LANZ nightgowns and I usually wait for free shipping to buy again.  They wear well and last forever.

I find LANZ nightgowns at Marshall's and TJM.

Occasionally VCS has free shipping so I've ordered a few times.  I always wondered how they could sell authentic classic candies or scents that had been discontinued for many years.  I tried a favorite perfume and it had little resemblance to what I remembered.

Honored Contributor

@silentgirl,Thanks!  I love candles, I'll check them out!

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Big Sister wrote:

VCS if the only place where I can find LANZ nightgowns and I usually wait for free shipping to buy again.  They wear well and last forever.

I find LANZ nightgowns at Marshall's and TJM.

Occasionally VCS has free shipping so I've ordered a few times.  I always wondered how they could sell authentic classic candies or scents that had been discontinued for many years.  I tried a favorite perfume and it had little resemblance to what I remembered.

That's not unusual; in fact, pretty common. Patents and/or rights expire and a company will buy them - but they will probably use cheaper ingredients to get "close enough." Look at the Philosophy fragrances - since the company was sold, they don't last 5 minutes. And I think these companies count on the fact that it's been so many years you probably don't remember what it's "supposed" to smell like, and the all-important "I liked it then, but will I like it now?" Our body chemistry changes, and what something smelled like on us at 25 might not be what it smells like at 65.

I haven't ordered a couple of perfumes from VCS for that very reason - not confident in wasting $25-35 + s&h if I don't like it now.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

i've ordered a couple things from them and had no problem so far.  keeping fingers crossed.