Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Noticed Children

@KarenQVC 

We actually knew enough to know better than to open schools up but, hey, you know how that goes. 

Didn’t Dr G also say deaths of children are increasing? 

It is just going to continue to get worse until we change what we are/aren’t doing. 

Trusted Contributor

I know of, from their parents.  In each of those cases, the entire family got it. The children are fine.  One of my former co-workers I was particularly worried about because she has severe lupus.  She was sick for about a week and then recovered.  Her children had mild cases. 

I know of a number of adults who did not recover.  None of them however, were under fifty. 

Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I see children in my neighborhood playing together outside everyday and not from the same family.  They are playing basketball, riding skateboards, bikes, no mask, so I'm confused why they cannot go to school with safety precaustions. 

Many children in close proximity for extended periods of time in a closed environment to start.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

While the number of new cases has shown a slight increase here the number of hospitalizations have dropped dramatically. The average age of new cases is now under 30. So not to concerned....
Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

I live in CA, don’t know anyone who had Covid
No one I know does either.
Respected Contributor

no.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3   Did you hear the report with Dr. Gupta, too?  I just remember the hospitalizations of children, not deaths.  He may have said that.

Honored Contributor

i dont know any children who have had the virus.

i know two older people that had the virus and recovered (a husband and wife.)

i know one older person who tested positive, but had no symptoms.

my daughter works in a longterm heathcare facility for the elderly and they have had zero cases since testing began months ago.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@BeeChee wrote:

Yes, I live in NC, and at the end of last week they released figures:

As July winds to a close, 13,084 kids under the age of 17 have tested positive for COVID-19 in North Carolina. That’s 11% of the overall cases in North Carolina, which is almost double the 6% of overall cases that were children back in late May. 

Smiley Happy

Oaky , we all know that as more and more people - men , women and children are exposed to this virus  more are goiung to test positive . That being said,  and if the test methods  have been  reliable , than actually how many of those people  including child actually  have been ill  enough to require medical treatment and/or hospitalization.  Those are the numbers and facts that are not be reported to the American public consistently. Also, as we have learned there have been some labs cited as having problems with their testing methods and have reported False positive results ( ie news report recently abt atletes  had tested positive and retested by another lab that showed their tests as negative).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KarenQVC Actually no one I know, child or adult, has or has died from COVID.  The largest percentage of COVID in my state (Connecticut) occurred in nursing homes.)