Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Been In Contact With Homegirl?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Noel7  The address he gave was the hospital.  It would of course be necessary to have a name for that. 

@Kachina624

My understanding is that someone here is in touch with her son.  Is that correct?  If so, then it would be easy to set up somewhere for a mail drop, the post office does it, and UPS I think.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to use a real name, Bette Bee would be fine.  The son would pick it up, with his name on the box that WE don't know, and take the cards to Bette.

People use boxes like that often.

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

Hey @croemer  miss ya lots!!

@SeaGalI miss you too GF!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Noel7  The address he gave was the hospital.  It would of course be necessary to have a name for that. 

@Kachina624

My understanding is that someone here is in touch with her son.  Is that correct?  If so, then it would be easy to set up somewhere for a mail drop, the post office does it, and UPS I think.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to use a real name, Bette Bee would be fine.  The son would pick it up, with his name on the box that WE don't know, and take the cards to Bette.

Yes..."someone"...not sure if he would do this but I could suggest it.

Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624

Yes..."someone"...not sure if he would do this but I could suggest it.

True @croemer He may not want to do it.

I just thought of another way.  We could use Among Friends maybe to set up a line for Betteb, with her name at the top.  We'd get permission from a Mod or whoever, and we could put up get well pix and good wishes.

Her son could show it to her in the hospital using an iPad or laptop.  Maybe you could ask him if he has one.

Honored Contributor

Excellent idea Noel!!

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry to hear about betteb.  Hoping that some means of communication/cards can be made available.

I stopped participation abruptly some time ago due to extreme frustration in not being able to log in.  I just gave up.  Threw in the towel and, like others, had a lot of friends here.  

This really started when we all went through that awful "after phase" subsequent to the "re-design" of these pages.  My log-in issues were never resolved.  So, just weeks ago, I decided to give it a go.  Got in once and then hit a log-in brick wall.  After a week of that I was ready to give up, but wrote to you know who.  Also received a call from that office.  Was told in other terms that there were rather huge issues.  Since then, no problems.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks,

I'm just poking my nose here again and was delightfully surprised to find this thread of all you nice posters who remember me fondly.

I'm spending a lot of time on Twitter these days.  You can be political.  (Which I do like in small doses.) 

I'm listing you here and hope I don't miss anyone:

@Noel7

@sfnative

@croemer

@SeaGal

@Kachina624

@makeupaddict

@dooBdoo

@Mellie32

p.s.  I'm not betteb.  Also, I'm nowhere near the awful fires.  They are north of me but smoke is traveling surprisingly far.   Heartfelt wishes to those affected and their families and loved ones.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach !

I’m so glad to hear from you, I was really worried.  Are you ok?  How’s your air over there?  You were missed 😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hugs to you, @Noel7

How sweet of you to start a whole thread about me.  But then you always were incredibly thoughtful. 

I am just fine.  I had been muttering for a bit about finding another "outlet" and finally found that Twitter seems to agree with me.  Except when certain folks in charge are more scary than usual. 

The fun thing about Twitter is that you can connect with folks from around the world.  I've found several who are interested in and post about nature and care of soils and animal rescue and more.  I even follow one account of a police force in Wales (I know that is your background) which focuses on rural crime, especially crime against wildlife.  They even throw in a few Welsh phrases from time to time.

I'm also back on my HOA board, trying to save our trees from wholesale removal.  Well, I exaggerate but still -- some people!

I hope you've been well and continue to enjoy your new phone - or maybe you got another new one since last year.  I hope the family is well and life is good.  Heart

Honored Contributor

p.s.  The air here is slowly improving.  The last couple of days it was called "moderate" by the news but you can, of course, see small particles and the smell is ever-present.  I had an appointment to get my teeth cleaned or I would not have gone out at all.

I bet it's the same for you.

(I'm loving ABC7 newscasts still - especially the morning folks with Reggie Aqui, et al.)