Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Been In Contact With Homegirl?

Oh, dear.

I totally forgot to say I remember you all fondly as well.

Big hugs and HeartHeartHeart to everyone!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

Sorry, I ducked out with DD awhile, she was teaching me how to order from and use Kindle.  Thanks to @Moonchilde who told me I could make the font bigger... you might remember I had an eye issue.  So, I'm starting back slow, just stories so I can exercise the eye at that distance.

Anyway!

We had a stressful spell for awhile, two deaths and an accident, but we're making a comeback.  The kitties are good.  Chat has been a lot easier to be on.  I hope you return, at least often enough to let us know you're just fine Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

It feels so good to reconnect.

I'll be back again soon - probably even tomorrow.

So sorry to hear about the deaths you've had in your lives.  Hugs to you.

And ear scratches to all kitties.

My little dog is hanging in there.  She's old now, verging on very old.  Not sure of the age exactly since she was mature when I adopted her.

More later.

Hi to @Moonchilde.  Are you still enjoying the weather and proximity to the coast?

Honored Contributor

Hi, @GingerPeach - it’s great to see you!

I’m same-old, with a few relatively minor health issues that have largely passed off - at least as much as they’re going to ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Noel7

It feels so good to reconnect.

I'll be back again soon - probably even tomorrow.

So sorry to hear about the deaths you've had in your lives.  Hugs to you.

And ear scratches to all kitties.

My little dog is hanging in there.  She's old now, verging on very old.  Not sure of the age exactly since she was mature when I adopted her.

More later.

Hi to @Moonchilde.  Are you still enjoying the weather and proximity to the coast?

Oh, very much so, @GingerPeach :-) 

I’ve gone north, instead of down the coast, my last two outings, but I really spend more time local and in the Monterey Bay area than the other direction. Lots of smoke & haze the past week :-(

Honored Contributor

Hi again @Moonchilde

I still love hearing about your adventures.  Every time I see something about Monterey Bay and its wildlife or the aquarium, I think of you.

I got a bit of a "culture fix" today as I walked around a local gallery after a lunch seminar.  Featured were abstract works by local women artists.  The variety was striking.

Hope everyone's weekend is happy.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi again @Moonchilde

I still love hearing about your adventures.  Every time I see something about Monterey Bay and its wildlife or the aquarium, I think of you.

I got a bit of a "culture fix" today as I walked around a local gallery after a lunch seminar.  Featured were abstract works by local women artists.  The variety was striking.

@GingerPeach, I just got a new phone this week (switching from an iPhone to Android, OMG..) that has a superb camera with a wide angle lens, so I’m going to be giving it a thorough testing out going forward. And it’s a pretty time of year. 

I really do miss the LA museums. No really good museums near me. The closest would be San Francisco, or San Jose. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

I’m glad you and your

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi again @Moonchilde

@GingerPeach

I’m glad you and your dog don’t have to deal with the bad air.  You can get out and about 😊

Honored Contributor

Today the air is much cleaner in my town.  But just heard last night some friends in Sonoma had to evacuate.  Luckily they have nearby family in a safer area.

Honored Contributor

Homegirl wrote:

Hi Folks,

I'm just poking my nose here again and was delightfully surprised to find this thread of all you nice posters who remember me fondly.

I'm spending a lot of time on Twitter these days.  You can be political.  (Which I do like in small doses.) 

I'm listing you here and hope I don't miss anyone:

@Noel7

@sfnative

@croemer

@SeaGal

@Kachina624

@makeupaddict

@dooBdoo

@Mellie32

p.s.  I'm not betteb.  Also, I'm nowhere near the awful fires.  They are north of me but smoke is traveling surprisingly far.   Heartfelt wishes to those affected and their families and loved ones.

Well, hello there, @GingerPeach!   I've fallen behind in reading my notifications and just now saw this one.   What a delight to see you posting again!   I've missed you and as you can see others have, also.   I'm so glad you're doing well.    I know, some people think it's silly, but I grow fond of posters and sometimes I worry about them.   Welcome back!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova