Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Been Banned From Proboard?

I'm starting to understand why the mods here in this forum delete so many threads. It's just not worth it to provide reasons or try to explain anything to people who will only argue and try to 'work the refs.' Just get rid of the thread and poof problem solved.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:
It's like high school all over again

@Greeneyedlady21, Funny, I was going to say the same thing.  Oh, and I have memories of a women’s club I belonged to years ago. Talk about taking things soo seriously.  There were times I thought I was attending a U.N. security Council meeting. That’s why I had no interest of leaving here.  The setup seemed like a setup.  

Honored Contributor

This one will get deleted too I'd bet my diamond ring on it. LOL

"controversial", you know. No way can you get any 2 people to look at something and not have a difference of opinion. Just not possible

The last thread that got deleted I was so happy that I got my post in before it bit the dust. I knew it was on life support. ROFL

1#ssusy.gif

Respected Contributor

I post on both forums and like both.  But, I have to say the conversations on both are about the same.  All this chatter about not being allowed to do this or that is ridiculous.  You read the rules when you signed up.  I'm not looking for some deep discussions here.  I just like reading about what others are up to.

The mods here  are getting paid.  The other mods (who were and are participants on the forums) are volunteers.  They are posters just like the rest of us.

Not long ago everyone was moaning and groaning about this forum being closed and wanted someplace to go.  Well several folks stepped up and found a place to go.  Now that QVC changed their minds a lot of folks are now complaining about the other forum.  Geez.

But, if QVC does decide to close this forum next year where are you going? I know where I will be.

Honored Contributor

I figured out there is no shangri la. Just glad I got friends and couple of sisters that keep me entertained and can exchange ideas with.

Best thing about Q boards is information you pick up that can help you, latest news, upcoming changes like SS information, tips, news you can use

Don't have to respond to, or get smart aleck remarks, just take the best and leave the rest.

'Red moon' is coming, changes in Goverment policies, TV shows coming up . General Information that is useful.

Honored Contributor

Great response @Winkk!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Those Proboards haven't generated much interest. Sometimes there are only 20 members posting. @Carmie they were cowardly in their treatment of you. Personally, I don't think the moderators should be posting. On the QVC boards, I'd see an occasional comment from a moderator, but it was usually short like "I've been there too and had a great time". Anything we say here should not be held against us over there. If they ban me, fine. Not like there is much I'd be missing.

LOL, the entire first week of this month there were fewer than 5 members posting here. So I'm not sure that's a useful statistic...

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Those Proboards haven't generated much interest. Sometimes there are only 20 members posting. @Carmie they were cowardly in their treatment of you. Personally, I don't think the moderators should be posting. On the QVC boards, I'd see an occasional comment from a moderator, but it was usually short like "I've been there too and had a great time". Anything we say here should not be held against us over there. If they ban me, fine. Not like there is much I'd be missing.

LOL, the entire first week of this month there were fewer than 5 members posting here. So I'm not sure that's a useful statistic...

@WenGirl42 

yes, but that was not because no one was trying to get into the forums.....there were other issues involved.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@WenGirl42  do you realize that the Boards were down at that time?  Those four or five Posters were lucky to get in. No one else could until the 11th November.

@sunshine45  didn't realize that you  and I had posted the same thing to @WenGirl42 . I thought everyone who posted here knew that the Boards were down during that week.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:
It's not true that there wasn't a previous warning. It was previously stated that anyone who posted about that subject again was subject to banning.

Oh this makes me sad.  What the heck would cause people to get banned?  Would be nice to know so we don't talk about it. 

@BalletBabe    You almost found out first hand.  The Mods wanted to ban you for the nasty rant you made on the QVC forums about PB when you had a security system problem and you couldn't sign  into PB.

I went to bat for you and said they couldn't do that  because of something that happened elsewhere.  When you took care of the problem on your end and got  signed on and said you were happy to be back. a Mod made a nasty  comment to you.

Other posters complained about the Mod for her comment and I deleted most of the thread and the Mod's comments as I would have done for anyone else who did that. For this reason, I was fired.

OMG  Carmie I am so sorry.    Thanks for defending me like that.  What did they expect?  It said I was banned and even had the head Mods name on it?  Wow, maybe I don't want to be on that board anymore then.  Thanks for telling me.  I had no idea and I feel terrible that you got canned because of me.  Wow , I don't know what to say.   I don't have time for petty women.  My life is very busy and I have no issues anywhere else.  I have to think about this because I don't feel that I want to go there anymore if that is how they are.   Again , I am sorry.