Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Been Banned From Proboard?

@Carmie wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:
It's not true that there wasn't a previous warning. It was previously stated that anyone who posted about that subject again was subject to banning.

Oh this makes me sad.  What the heck would cause people to get banned?  Would be nice to know so we don't talk about it. 

@BalletBabe    You almost found out first hand.  The Mods wanted to ban you for the nasty rant you made on the QVC forums about PB when you had a security system problem and you couldn't sign  into PB.

I went to bat for you and said they couldn't do that  because of something that happened elsewhere.  When you took care of the problem on your end and got  signed on and said you were happy to be back. a Mod made a nasty  comment to you.

Other posters complained about the Mod for her comment and I deleted most of the thread and the Mod's comments as I would have done for anyone else who did that. For this reason, I was fired.

@Carmie, I saw a screen shot of the conversation before you removed the nasty posts. That's how  I knew exactly the two people you were talking about. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I hate that 'stuff' where you join a group and it's subject to the whims of a few who have appointed themselves as Czars over what you can say.

Sure not a free country.

The board was set up on October 5th and on October 7th the Code of Conduct was posted.  No whims involved.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 . Thank you for speaking up.  I have been accused of not telling the truth.

I saved screen shots because I had a feeling it wouldn't go well to confront another Mod who is trouble, but no one wanted any proof. I was just let go.

At this point, I don't care anymore, but I don't like being told I am am not being honest.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I hate that 'stuff' where you join a group and it's subject to the whims of a few who have appointed themselves as Czars over what you can say.

Sure not a free country.

The board was set up on October 5th and on October 7th the Code of Conduct was posted.  No whims involved.

The Code of Conduct was set up, but not all the Mods are held accountable when they violate the code.

Honored Contributor

Those Proboards haven't generated much interest. Sometimes there are only 20 members posting. @Carmie they were cowardly in their treatment of you. Personally, I don't think the moderators should be posting. On the QVC boards, I'd see an occasional comment from a moderator, but it was usually short like "I've been there too and had a great time". Anything we say here should not be held against us over there. If they ban me, fine. Not like there is much I'd be missing.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Those Proboards haven't generated much interest. Sometimes there are only 20 members posting. @Carmie they were cowardly in their treatment of you. Personally, I don't think the moderators should be posting. On the QVC boards, I'd see an occasional comment from a moderator, but it was usually short like "I've been there too and had a great time". Anything we say here should not be held against us over there. If they ban me, fine. Not like there is much I'd be missing.

@AuntG  you are so right. They keep saying they have over 1,000 members but how many have ever posted. From what my neighbor showed me, the members are just there for the "count".

At first I was not interested in what she was showing me but now it's fun and I don't even have to be a member.

Honored Contributor

There are only 191 members posting in this forum right now. I just looked. That's not very many considering how long this forum has existed and how many customers QVC has.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I gave it a try quite some time ago and decided it wasn't for me. Glad I left.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain    On a Friday night before a major holiday, I'd say that was quite a few.  Most people have better things to do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's like high school all over again
"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"