Respected Contributor

Harvey Weinstein

[ Edited ]

JUST IN : Harvey Weinstein has reportedly been placed into isolation in a New York prison after testing positive for COVID-19.

Honored Contributor

Is he sick? Does he have COVID-19 or did he just test positive for the virus?

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

JUST IN : Harvey Weinstein has reportedly been placed into isolation in a New York prison after testing positive for COVID-19.

I wouldn't wish that disease on anyone vulnerable to it, even that guy.

What concerns me more, though, is that it's in the prison system. I need to step back from virus news for a bit this evening. This is getting to me.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Do you have studies that are showing you this is like an HIV vs AIDS situation? I've only heard you make that distinction, and I know you are up to date with scientific studies.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

I thought NY released all its inmates.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Do you have studies that are showing you this is like an HIV vs AIDS situation? I've only heard you make that distinction, and I know you are up to date with scientific studies.

@Porcelain, I have read nothing to suggest anything other than if you test positive, you are confirmed as having the virus -- whether with symptoms or asymptomatic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

I thought NY released all its inmates.

@Maggie Nolia, ??????????

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I second that!

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

Someone can test positive for the coronavirus and never come down with COVID-19, which is the disease the virus causes. COVID-19 stands for COronaVIrusDisease 2019 vs coronavirus. People are using the terms interchangeably and that is incorrect.

Respected Contributor

Weinstein is not "sick" but his test was positive.  So was Rand Paul's (Congressman or Senator).

THAT is what scares me so much about this virus.

People can have it and be asymptomatic.

They think they're fine and next thing you know ... they've tested positive.

Being an "older" person, I wear a mask & gloves when I got grocery shopping.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."