Honored Contributor

Yes, everything is a right wing conspiracy......what a bunch of #$%!

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I hope he gets what he deserves, but her representation of him has not been a defence. She openly criticized him and shot him down.

His lawyer won't call it what it is, she's calling it "workplace inappropriate behavior"

No, burping in your cube is "workplace inappropriate behavior"

He broke the law, but the rich & powerful are above the law it seems

I heard her call it what it is, "Sexual harassment." @software

He's the bad guy, but so many women on this board jump to attack other women every chance they get.  I don't think some here care what that jerk did, they are after his lawyer.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archerwell then that makes it all ok, now that he 'understands'

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Paula Ferris mentioned on the View that Harvey is involved in a miniseries based on Lisa life or book or something like that so possible conflict of interest alert.

Although I do completely understand her point of accepting an apology and then moving on. Most of the incidents it sounded like we handled years ago and settlements accepted by the alleged victims.  Why bring it up again now if that person/reporter is not trying to defame someone?  

My personal opinion on a subject like this is, if his behavior wasn't tolerated by those around him including some of the accusers who worked with him after their particular incidents, it wouldn't have continued.

To answer your question, why now, it seems HW is not the rich powerful guy he once was, running out of money to keep all this quiet.

That's 1 "theory"

There is certainly that.  I have little doubt that he is far from the only in a similar position doing this.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Yes, everything is a right wing conspiracy......what a bunch of #$%!

@Mom2Dogs

That's been a popular excuse now for quite some years ...

Honored Contributor

A woman should never , ever have to fear losing a job if she doesn't submit to her boss or whoever is in charge. This boys will be boys ****** has gone on long enough. They know it's wrong, but they also know they hold most of the cards.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Paula Ferris mentioned on the View that Harvey is involved in a miniseries based on Lisa life or book or something like that so possible conflict of interest alert.

Although I do completely understand her point of accepting an apology and then moving on. Most of the incidents it sounded like we handled years ago and settlements accepted by the alleged victims.  Why bring it up again now if that person/reporter is not trying to defame someone?  

My personal opinion on a subject like this is, if his behavior wasn't tolerated by those around him including some of the accusers who worked with him after their particular incidents, it wouldn't have continued.

To answer your question, why now, it seems HW is not the rich powerful guy he once was, running out of money to keep all this quiet.

That's 1 "theory"

@software  Then to my personal opinion, stop tolerating it.  Like the man said, he got away with it in the 60s and 70s because the rules were different and nobody said anything.  

I do have sympathy for other people who find them themselves in harassment situations like most of us girls have in the workplace.  But, my sympathy wanes when an accuser accepts another job from him or poses for a picture at a party with the man who behaved badly. 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@software wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I hope he gets what he deserves, but her representation of him has not been a defence. She openly criticized him and shot him down.

His lawyer won't call it what it is, she's calling it "workplace inappropriate behavior"

No, burping in your cube is "workplace inappropriate behavior"

He broke the law, but the rich & powerful are above the law it seems

I heard her call it what it is, "Sexual harassment." @software

He's the bad guy, but so many women on this board jump to attack other women every chance they get.  I don't think some here care what that jerk did, they are after his lawyer.

I "attack" stupidity without regard to gender.

I heard a different interview than you heard.

But it's all good.

Respected Contributor

Lisa Bloom, champion of the women who are victims of sexual harrassment is now representing a sexual harrasser.  She represented women accusing Bill O'Reilly, Bill Cosby, and even Donald Trump.

But now she must counsel Mr. Weinstein, because he DID NOT KNOW some of the things he did were bad.  Which I don't believe for one minute.

She did say this was "workplace misconduct," and that sexual harrassment was a legal term.  Gee, why don't people like lawyers?  Could it be they don't speak plain English?

If I have this correctly, Mr. Weinstein is doing some kind of film production about Ms. Bloom.

Yet some people wonder WHY she would represent a man who has been accused of things she routinely goes on the attack for?

Yes, it is weird.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

From what I read in the LAT today, he is pointing to the culture of the times in earlier decades, making it sound like an excuse for his actions. I don't think that that will go very far.

I did not read about his saying it was a conspiracy of a any kind, but I wouldn't be surprised. There are always such accusations on either side of the political spectrum.

What's particularly galling is that he publicly championed women's rights while exploiting them privately. This is certainly not an unheard of phenomonen, but it is disturbing and, once again, points out the difference between a public and a private persona.

Another good example was in the news yesterday regarding a politician. Another supreme divide of personae that is the epitomy of hypocrisy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland